Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-15, 22:15

Two Ignition keys (Home and Tour)

Hello,,
I would like to ask if anyone knows if I could use one Ignition key at home on my working Desktop and one different key to take with me on tour.. I´m aware of forgetting it home and lazy enough to keep one safe in my gearbag and one connected on my desktop..
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT
Old 2012-10-15, 22:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTOY View Post
Hello,,
I would like to ask if anyone knows if I could use one Ignition key at home on my working Desktop and one different key to take with me on tour.. I´m aware of forgetting it home and lazy enough to keep one safe in my gearbag and one connected on my desktop..
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT
No, but you could get a Balance Audio interface and have the licence on that for home use, and the normal IK for gigs.

Last edited by Smedberg; 2012-10-15 at 22:36.
Old 2012-10-15, 22:32

Quote:
Hello,,
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT
Buy Propellerhead "Balance" (so you´ve key for at home and a nice Audiointerface in same time) or a second "Reason"-License. Thats the two ways how it works.
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2012-10-16, 00:29

I was not aware the Balance and the key would hold the license simultaneously. If so, that is mighty gracious of them.

Otherwise, your other option without making a purchase of Balance or a second Reason license would be to use internet at home (if you have a connection there) and use the key for the road (since you may encounter more times without internet connection while abroad). Another option: I'm a bit hesitant in placing my ignition key on my key ring (with my car keys), but then again, I don't have a prob forgetting it. You could try that? Will be hard to leave it behind then!
Old 2012-10-16, 01:05

See https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=147194
Old 2012-10-16, 01:13

MAN O MAN!!! This one really get's me good!!! For those of us that tour this is a HUGE Problem and after almost a year of inquiring about this our only bet is to buy every thing twice which is NOT cool at ALL!!!! I really hope pH fixes this or even more artist will ditch Reason!
Old 2012-10-16, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
MAN O MAN!!! This one really get's me good!!! For those of us that tour this is a HUGE Problem and after almost a year of inquiring about this our only bet is to buy every thing twice which is NOT cool at ALL!!!! I really hope pH fixes this or even more artist will ditch Reason!
There is no issue as long as you run one copy at a time, the ignition key enforces this and good computers have at least 3 USB ports!
Old 2012-10-16, 03:16

Quote:
Hello,,
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT
Balance for home, IK for tour.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:26

Hello,, thanks for your answers!
Well.. I already got a nice Edirol card with multiple outs on tour and a VERY nice RME card for home usage... Wouldn´t like to ditch them at this point.. Besides that I´m not swedish and can´t keep buying new stuff all the time ))

Anyway, thanks for your help guys!
Old 2012-10-16, 13:59

You can only have a licence in ONE IK or Balance, not in two at the same time.