Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-16, 08:45

Post Trap Beat Hands On Tutorial

Hey Guys! Over the past few months, I've read about a few different users that had an interest in producing Hip Hop "Trap" beats. To continue on the https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=168957 Thread, I am uploading a "Trap" style Reason File. I hope more Advanced users will start to contribute to these types of threads. For users who want to learn the intricate workings and processes I've used to create this song, I'd encourage you to dissect the song piece by piece, checking out the different routings and a little of my workflow. If you have any questions or comments concerning the production techniques, feel free to ask!

Trap Tutorial Reason File Link :https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103652745/T...ds%20On.reason

This song is compatible with Reason 6.5 and contains no Rack Extensions. All samples and refills have been included (self contained)in the song

Disclaimer: The song and all of its contents are copyrights of Geez Musicals

Cheers
Old 2012-11-10, 03:08

Not so interested in making trap but ill check this out ... i'm sure ill learn somethign or two

Peace
Old 2012-11-11, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthicistBeats View Post
Not so interested in making trap but ill check this out ... i'm sure ill learn somethign or two

Peace
Cool!! I don't do too much of this style myself, but some of the techniques can be applied to any genre
Old 2012-11-11, 00:26

I'm gonna check it out, thanks.
I find that it's more difficult than it seems to produce trap music.
Trying to make it not so repetitive.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkNationEnt View Post
I'm gonna check it out, thanks.
I find that it's more difficult than it seems to produce trap music.
Trying to make it not so repetitive.
I agree.. There is a certain skill that is required when doing trap music. It sorta frustrates me when I hear users on different forums try to downplay a certain genre. If it were so easy, why aren't their tracks being used and discovered?? That's like someone saying that to make electronic music all you need to do is have the bass drum hit on the downbeat and a filtered pad (geeesh).. Anyways, I tried to make this track pretty dynamic. It has a pretty cool chord progression and some cool breaks. Hope you enjoy it man!
Old 2012-11-11, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgeez View Post
I agree.. There is a certain skill that is required when doing trap music. It sorta frustrates me when I hear users on different forums try to downplay a certain genre. If it were so easy, why aren't their tracks being used and discovered?? That's like someone saying that to make electronic music all you need to do is have the bass drum hit on the downbeat and a filtered pad (geeesh).. Anyways, I tried to make this track pretty dynamic. It has a pretty cool chord progression and some cool breaks. Hope you enjoy it man!
LOL! Too True!
Alot of folks are quick to turn their nose up at certain things, even if it means gaining insight from it.
I try to learn and gain inspiration from most things, even if I personally don't like it.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkNationEnt View Post
LOL! Too True!
Alot of folks are quick to turn their nose up at certain things, even if it means gaining insight from it.
I try to learn and gain inspiration from most things, even if I personally don't like it.
Haha If we all took this approach to everything in life, it would be a much better world man!
Old 2012-11-11, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgeez View Post
It sorta frustrates me when I hear users on different forums try to downplay a certain genre. If it were so easy, why aren't their tracks being used and discovered??
Who cares about all that stuff. Trap music is fun to make. Which genre is the most complicated to make is just nerd talk.
Old 2012-11-12, 10:41
coool12

nice posts..........
Old 2012-11-14, 22:10

Nice project. Thanks for sharing. :-)