Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-18, 12:59

Smile Tips on sound design?

I'm trying to create some original synths for Trap Hip Hop, Club Hip Hop, and Dirty South Beats.That are uptempo half time,whole time,and slow half time.The refills are cool, but you know I need to create my own synths.Like how do I create unique synths, whether it lead,mono,poly,pluck synth,and synth.Also what are some tips for creating Dark Arpeggio's, Smooth Dirty South Beats and a Club Sound.Like how to add suspense to a seemingly natural Beat?The video's on You Tube are cool.But they show mostly Dubstep and Trance Music.I need some examples like my Boy Sir Sedric sent me a few free patches.Ca you guys help me out.I need your help!?So how do I expand my sound library?And How do I step my game up?
Old 2012-10-18, 13:08

Lightbulb

hi
so I'd suggest you check out even more tutorials and also try the stuff they show.
like boy in a band does

also Read the Manual. the section about Subtractor actually contains valuable information on the basics of sound design.
after you read that you should be ready to actually just go ahead and create some for yourself.
I can send you some patches, sure, but it only makes sense if you actually analyze them. Only using them in your beats won't make you understand how it's done.

cheers
fredhoven

Last edited by OMOMs; 2012-10-18 at 13:10.
Old 2012-10-18, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
hi
so I'd suggest you check out even more tutorials and also try the stuff they show.
like boy in a band does

also Read the Manual. the section about Subtractor actually contains valuable information on the basics of sound design.
after you read that you should be ready to actually just go ahead and create some for yourself.
I can send you some patches, sure, but it only makes sense if you actually analyze them. Only using them in your beats won't make you understand how it's done.

cheers
fredhoven
methinks you screwed up the url for that,

perhaps you meant to post this one?