Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-22, 17:37

Lightbulb Future-proofing RE purchasing and management

This isn't a problem yet, but looking at how long the lists are starting to get again, I think that the ability to manually adjust the order and grouping of devices in the device creation context menu would be very helpful.

At a minimum a user-defined menu of Favorite Devices or something like that could help save some time searching through the menus. It's the same issue that caused devices to be broken up into submenus to begin with, but I think as we get more REs their management within the menus will become even more important.

In the tool window you can minimize sections and you can visually pick out devices pretty quickly, so it may not suffer from problems very soon, but I primarily right click and create devices. I could change that habit, but as long as it's an option I'd like to see it continue to work well, so please take a look at this issue before it becomes a problem?

Although it's probably been said before, I'd also like to say that I think a shopping cart type system would be nice to have in the RE shop, as well as a wish list!

It's another thing that's not a very big deal now, but when there are several times as many devices in the shop then it'll start to get difficult to remember all of the ones we've had our eyes on.
Old 2012-10-23, 11:02

i've posted this too so yeah, i'm behind this. in particular we'll need to get rid of all the standard devices that we never use, not just the RE's.
Old 2012-10-23, 12:33

and another thing

if you de-select a device for the create menu, the device should still load if a song calls for it. don't want to have to edit the drop down every time reason finds a song that needs such and such a device that you no longer use.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:25

Another thing that could work is to keep a count when you manually create devices (probably weighted toward what you've been creating most often recently) and move those to the top of the list.

I don't think most people would want devices completely inaccessible from the menu, but if they were eventually moved to a submenu of infrequently used devices that might be a good compromise.

I guess all of that still leaves the possibility that the menus will get very long, so some kind of manual organization including submenus would be best I think.
Old 2012-10-25, 10:11

thing is if its just a different page in preferences and a list with checked/unchecked boxes you can swap over pretty quick. i don't write code but that seems pretty straight forward to me.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:36

Re needs a manager indeed, we need to be able to make our own groups and add the re's in them, the logic at this point is useless too. Most Re's are in the wrong place for me.