Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-25, 00:15

A ghost mode in R6 ?

Hi Everybody,

There was a time when I was writing music with FL Studio. One features that I miss - though I like Reason better - is the ghost mode of FL. This features shows an other line in gray color to help you compose over that part. My question is: does such features exist in Reason 6 and I'm not aware of it ? Thank you!
Old 2012-10-25, 09:03

Add new note lane would do that trick woud it not?

or have i misunderstood what you mean

Last edited by paulm0000; 2012-10-25 at 14:49.
Old 2012-10-25, 09:18

I am sure i have been able to achieve this once in reason about a few years back when record first came out. But i forgot how i did it, i emailed support about it then but they never replied. So basically it should be possible (something with multiple lanes and then some option that needed to be selected).

Anyway if you ever find out, please send me a pvt message with the answer
Old 2012-10-25, 11:49

Check blocks out... they can create ghost equivalents (to me anyway)

1) create a few instruments
2) create a block
3) edit that black, rename it too if you want, put notes & automation on any of the tracks
4) go to Song mode
5) in top top lane is 'blocks' - draw a block like a clip - you have 32 to choose from
6) when you draw your block-clip on the sequencer, you will notice that the block can be repeated when you extend past it's original length.. so say you have edited within the block a 4 bar loop, when you draw in song mode on the sequencer a block-clip size 5 bars, you get bars 1 to 4 of your block + bar 1 of block repeated - sort of joins the blocks together.
7) now look in your sequencer and you would see a vertical coloured section (lighter version of the block) and also the notes within that block 'ghosted' on the sequencer!!
8) to mute sections, you can simply draw an empty clip over the top of the ghosts to prevent playing

neat huh?
Old 2012-10-25, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABONERECORDINGS View Post
Check blocks out... they can create ghost equivalents (to me anyway)

1) create a few instruments
2) create a block
3) edit that black, rename it too if you want, put notes & automation on any of the tracks
4) go to Song mode
5) in top top lane is 'blocks' - draw a block like a clip - you have 32 to choose from
6) when you draw your block-clip on the sequencer, you will notice that the block can be repeated when you extend past it's original length.. so say you have edited within the block a 4 bar loop, when you draw in song mode on the sequencer a block-clip size 5 bars, you get bars 1 to 4 of your block + bar 1 of block repeated - sort of joins the blocks together.
7) now look in your sequencer and you would see a vertical coloured section (lighter version of the block) and also the notes within that block 'ghosted' on the sequencer!!
8) to mute sections, you can simply draw an empty clip over the top of the ghosts to prevent playing

neat huh?
Very neat, but not what i meant. It was a setting and had something to do with lanes.

This will be a good workaround though
Old 2012-10-25, 23:37

Thanks for the answers guys! Gonna try your solution LABONERECORDINGS!