Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-26, 16:44

Exclamation No go with ignition key after (4 months)

This is getting a "little" frustrating.
I've emailed the support team over and over, with no replies after the initial, and may I add, many, but alas non working suggestions.
And I know my situation isn't unique, nothing weird with my setup, every software I have ever bought with dongles, or online registration (Adobe creative cloud, to name one) works without a hitch, except Reason and its archaic Ignition key protocol.

I would like a solution to this so I can use what I paid for, I am your client, not your buddy, bro, or other arbitrary pet idiom. Treat me like a paying customer that have an issue with the product he bought from you.

Friendly

T
Old 2012-10-26, 17:23
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomg View Post
This is getting a "little" frustrating.
I've emailed the support team over and over, with no replies after the initial, and may I add, many, but alas non working suggestions.
And I know my situation isn't unique, nothing weird with my setup, every software I have ever bought with dongles, or online registration (Adobe creative cloud, to name one) works without a hitch, except Reason and its archaic Ignition key protocol.

I would like a solution to this so I can use what I paid for, I am your client, not your buddy, bro, or other arbitrary pet idiom. Treat me like a paying customer that have an issue with the product he bought from you.

Friendly

T
Hey Tom,

Your case is actually quite rare - we've never seen a case where our site doesn't see the Ignition Key after the phrem association has been sorted out. One other thing you can try is this:

1. Close authorizer
2. Open a DOS prompt and type "phrem:version?1" without the citation marks

If Authorizer 2 is opening, that's a good sign. If not the association is borked and this could be a fix: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...xing_phrem_win

As you wrote in your support mail, since Firefox tries to open the phrem protocol but can't associate it with a program you should be able to associate it manually with Authorizer 2.

I'm really, really sorry for the time this is taking! It's been bounced between support and dev department and was lost in translation for a while.

Please also keep in mind that you can use internet verification while you wait so hopefully this isn't keeping you from making music.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:35

The Dos approach didnt work.

Checked the link:
So I used Firefox and logged in, clicked manage licenses, and get this:
The address wasn't understood

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (phrem) isn't associated with any program.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

But no way of associate the (phrem) to any program...I assume if it did, I would be out of the weeds....

Anyone?
Old 2012-10-26, 19:50

Quote:
When you attempted the DOS command, did Authorizer 2 open?

Quote:
Checked the link:
So I used Firefox and logged in, clicked manage licenses, and get this:
The address wasn't understood

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (phrem) isn't associated with any program.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

But no way of associate the (phrem) to any program...I assume if it did, I would be out of the weeds....

Anyone?
Try Chrome? Also, try logging out of your Propellerhead account, clear all cookies/cache, restart your router and/or modem, restart your computer, reinstall your browser (or a new one), then try logging into your account and managing your licenses? Also, try another USB port. Try all your USB ports.
Old 2012-10-27, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
When you attempted the DOS command, did Authorizer 2 open?

No

Try Chrome? Also, try logging out of your Propellerhead account, clear all cookies/cache, restart your router and/or modem, restart your computer, reinstall your browser (or a new one), then try logging into your account and managing your licenses? Also, try another USB port. Try all your USB ports.
I've tried all those (Chrome,Firefox, Netscape, Explorer), over and over...to the point where it's extremely disappointing.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:48

Quote:
I've tried all those (Chrome,Firefox, Netscape, Explorer), over and over...to the point where it's extremely disappointing.
Perhaps a defective Ignition Key..
Old 2012-11-02, 12:51
Propellerhead

Quote:
What do you mean didn't work? What happened? Did anything launch? Authorizer 2? Have you tried removing the Authorizer application and then launching Reason 6.5 to re-install it?

Quote:

Anyone?
Are you SURE Firefox doesn't allow you to associate phrem with any program? That sounds ever so slightly strange.

Your still in touch with support I hope? They should be elevating this to developers as we speak.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
What do you mean didn't work? What happened? Did anything launch? Authorizer 2? Have you tried removing the Authorizer application and then launching Reason 6.5 to re-install it?

Are you SURE Firefox doesn't allow you to associate phrem with any program? That sounds ever so slightly strange.

Your still in touch with support I hope? They should be elevating this to developers as we speak.
Nothing launched when using DOS prompt.

I have removed everything that smelled of Reason, reinstalled, and problem remained.
I am SURE it doesnt, this isnt my first rodeo.

I have emailed support 4 times, No Bueno....i.e. no answers.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:56

Make sure authorize is version 2 and remove the phrem association from your browser. When you click manage license make sure you allow authorizer to run! Instructions are in the support section.
Old 2012-11-03, 16:52

Smile

Okay, This works. I just purchased reason and rack extensions and was not going to spend days or weeks troubleshooting. Follow the instructions below (I used google chrome since internet explorer wasn't working). This was posted in another forum, credit and thanks to the original poster. I'm spreading the love because their is a lot of misery surrounding this.

1 Move factory sound banks out of Propellerhead folder
2 uninstall all previous Reason versions and Authoriser versions
3 download 6.5
4 install 6.5 and authoriser 2.0 will be automatically installed
5 Write license for 6.5 to IK
6 Run Reason 6.5 then close it
6 Clear cookies
7 open codemeter control panel download firmware 1.20 then leave open minimised on desktop
8 unplug and replug in IK leave open (looks like a blank USB window) minimised on desktop
9 start menu launch authoriser as admin (manually)
10 go to PH website
11 go to Re shop download Re's
12 go to account, manage licenses
13 write licenses.