Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-28, 13:50

Levski - Analog Thoughts [Drum & Bass]

Hi there! This is my track, that I made recently. May be here I can get good advice from professional and other music producers, to improve my quality of production!
Thanks in advance.
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-28, 14:08
Banned

I very enjoyed by your track man, awesome work on the vocals, neat beat, great job!
Old 2012-10-28, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
I very enjoyed by your track man, awesome work on the vocals, neat beat, great job!
Thanks Mate!
Old 2012-10-29, 13:24

I LOVE THIS VOCAL AND BASSLINE. This is a great track idea thus far - the mix is a little flat. I think you would benefit from some dynamic equalization of your sounds as is - and fine tuning your primary frequencies in your basses (I assume you have more than one synth for the bassline, if not this is a source of the flatness as you need more layering). What is this vocal its really hot. I think a little slower would actually help give more emphasis to what you have - and are you using mixer gates on this? And I think perhaps some more sidechain (or any if you dont - again hard to tell if you do, could be the issue with flatness again). Its a good overall vibe - the pad lead is really interesting - i want it fatter, thru that saturation knob on that fasho. percussion could use more sounds - but your rolls and glitches are spot on - so its just a matter of upgrading your sounds, something more modern. and more of them. and i would make more variations of that vocal chop up, since you seem to be good at them, and it gets a bit repetitive towards the end. Arrangement wise its decent, not like wow this was inspiring, but run of the mill, especially in this kinda music, your arrangement is half the battle in the song, I would mobve stuff around more and create some bigger changes in frequency dynamics, as well as adding some automated highpassing of syunths as you crecendo the build to suck you in and out. at this stage in your AP journey you clearly have some good base knowledge of production and using reason, its just a matter of honing your craft now.
Old 2012-10-30, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh73888 View Post
I LOVE THIS VOCAL AND BASSLINE. This is a great track idea thus far - the mix is a little flat. I think you would benefit from some dynamic equalization of your sounds as is - and fine tuning your primary frequencies in your basses (I assume you have more than one synth for the bassline, if not this is a source of the flatness as you need more layering). What is this vocal its really hot. I think a little slower would actually help give more emphasis to what you have - and are you using mixer gates on this? And I think perhaps some more sidechain (or any if you dont - again hard to tell if you do, could be the issue with flatness again). Its a good overall vibe - the pad lead is really interesting - i want it fatter, thru that saturation knob on that fasho. percussion could use more sounds - but your rolls and glitches are spot on - so its just a matter of upgrading your sounds, something more modern. and more of them. and i would make more variations of that vocal chop up, since you seem to be good at them, and it gets a bit repetitive towards the end. Arrangement wise its decent, not like wow this was inspiring, but run of the mill, especially in this kinda music, your arrangement is half the battle in the song, I would mobve stuff around more and create some bigger changes in frequency dynamics, as well as adding some automated highpassing of syunths as you crecendo the build to suck you in and out. at this stage in your AP journey you clearly have some good base knowledge of production and using reason, its just a matter of honing your craft now.
Cheers Man! This is a great comment! I will consider your suggestions! I am not good at mastering stage. I don`t know how to use dynamic compressor! May be you have some videos, tutorials, or something that could teach me! This track, was a BIG experiment to me, I know my mistakes there! I learned A LOT with this track! NEXT will be BIGGGer!))) By the way vocals was taken from Loopmasters Iconical Vocal Acapellas Vol 2 pack
Old 2012-11-09, 13:50
Zoptooniek

Awesome choon mate! Love the choppy vocals!