Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-30, 15:31

Synapse ANTIDOTE now available in the RE store!!

Have you guys seen THIS???!

Old 2012-10-30, 17:22

Just downloaded it!
Old 2012-10-30, 22:37

is the server messed up or something? i just bought it but i can't download it. it just says 'download failed'
Old 2012-10-31, 00:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Have you guys seen THIS???!

seen, tested and no need to buy ... in my eyes.
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2012-10-31, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydeclaire View Post
seen, tested and no need to buy ... in my eyes.
Y is it not worth it ? The Arp... is the only minus I would give it ..it sounds great !!!! In mY ears not my eyes ;-)

Last edited by pjeudy; 2012-10-31 at 04:10.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjeudy View Post
Y is it not worth it ? The Arp... is the only minus I would give it ..it sounds great !!!! In mY ears not my eyes ;-)
In my ears it´s not worth too. Think, it´s because I hoped it´s more DUNE which I like very, very much. I don´t understand why there are not more waves and some other nice little things like in there flagship thats for me one of best synths in VST/AU-format.

And I compared Antidote with predator (I never had as VST/AU) and wow Rob made it ... what an amazing thing.

And as I first opend Antidote, my first impression was: "is it an amp-RE? because its design looks more like that .

If persons don´t buy Predator, then Antodote is a nice thing for 79 EURO (but never for 119 EUR, hello, wondering about the other prices of their RE´s too), but if working with Predator and Thor and Subtractor and Malström ... ... really no need in my eyes,my ears and ...

Sorry Synapse´s
(and their office is only 10 kilometers away from my home ... so I´m sorry again too that I don´t like it as much enough ...)
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2012-11-01, 00:03

I see your point about the waves types not being as deep as PREDATOR.

$99 U.S. SHOULD BE THE ONLY PRICE FOR THIS.

I still enjoy it.Filter type set to -Diode Ladder- ...sounds very warm!
Old 2012-11-01, 00:19

Wow.

I own a lot of hardware synths and have tried all the usual vst's over the years.

To me the lack of appreciation of Antidote is rather strange.

Well I guess if you just browse presetts then maybe not.

But if you actually get down to using it this synth is utterly unlike any that I have played. Some serious new sonic ground is possible with all those unison oscillators. When this synth does what it is fully capable off then it eats my cpu by %30-40 and I am using the latest IE7 so I guess that is why the presets are so conservative.

I love the drift slider!
Filters are unique sounding.
Raw oscillators sound thick, lush and full of harmonic overtones.
Some of the best white noise I have heard in a digital synth.
Built in effects are fantastic especially the Eq and compressor, this thing can be very punchy.

Personally I think the have got this one right.
Old 2012-11-03, 06:22

Demoing it now, and I am not disappointed at all. I love it.

Great work Synapse.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/87526770@N02/
Band Camp: http://www.http://esotericsounddesign.bandcamp.com
Old 2012-11-03, 09:48

Yes, take a bit of time with Antidote and it will become apparent that it adds flavors that Thor can't deliver. The two instruments feel rather different and this is a good addition.

The fact you get the FX chain included not only makes the synth more versatile but it gives you a new set of general fx for the rack.

I will call this as the first must-have pon-Propellerheads synth.

EDIT: here is a piece I made whilst trying Antidote. This version is 100% Antidote (even drums). The version that will go on the album (?) replaces the lead and bass with Thor, because the sounds have more punch and sit in the mix better but that is it.

http://benedictroff-marsh.bandcamp.c...tidote-version
ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth

Last edited by Benedict; 2012-11-04 at 07:29. Reason: added track