Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-06, 18:39

No dvd player

Hi everybody,
I just recently bought a brand new computer and reason 6.5 student edition. My problem is I do not have a dvd player in the new mac mini. And I bought the program in the box after I released the new computer has no dvd player. Does any body know if I can download Reason into another computer then transfer the program to mine via thumb drive. What are my best options?
Old 2012-11-06, 18:42

You'd want to download the update anyway so get the 3GB+ demo which includes everything and becomes the full version when you register your license.
Old 2012-11-06, 18:43

Yep... download from Props site... the demo IS the full version. Just whap in your Ignition Key and blam job done
Old 2012-11-06, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwill4 View Post
Hi everybody,
I just recently bought a brand new computer and reason 6.5 student edition. My problem is I do not have a dvd player in the new mac mini. And I bought the program in the box after I released the new computer has no dvd player. Does any body know if I can download Reason into another computer then transfer the program to mine via thumb drive. What are my best options?
I think you ought to be able to install 6.5 just fine from the download - just be sure to get the complete download with all the sound banks (I think it's about 3 GB or so all together). The license is going to be handled by your user account at the PH site as well as the USB Ignition Key which should be in the box, so you should not need the discs themselves to run or install the program.

I don't think you need to even use a thumb drive to do it, unless there's some reason you can't use the internet on your new computer.

(EDIT: Man, I type slow.)

Old 2012-11-06, 22:14

after upgrading to an SSD I installed Reason 6.5 on my MacBook by just downloading it from my props account on the site. It installs the Activator and Codemeter stuff you need for the Ignition Key and reboots the computer for it all to take effect.

Definitely doable w/ out an optical drive these days.