Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-07, 07:52

Recording Kong on separate tracks

OK here's a very basic problem that's driving me crazy. I've got Kong all set up with each output going to a separate mixer channel. I've also taken the Direct Out from each mix channel and routed it via a chain of Spiders to a master track (so that I can raise or lower all the levels together).

Recorded my kick drum track, no problem. So how then do I record my separate snare track (and all the other tracks)? I've tried a few different methods but nothing works, and I'm assuming the problem has something to do with that "breaks internal mixer routing" next to the Direct Out.

So tell me Reasonheads, how do I record all my drum tracks onto separate channels in the sequencer?
Old 2012-11-07, 07:57

Ditch the spiders and use one of the rack mixers as a grouping facility. Have you set each drum to the individual output pairing s at the bottom of the collapsed part of Kong?
Old 2012-11-07, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrtldg View Post
OK here's a very basic problem that's driving me crazy. I've got Kong all set up with each output going to a separate mixer channel. I've also taken the Direct Out from each mix channel and routed it via a chain of Spiders to a master track (so that I can raise or lower all the levels together).

Recorded my kick drum track, no problem. So how then do I record my separate snare track (and all the other tracks)? I've tried a few different methods but nothing works, and I'm assuming the problem has something to do with that "breaks internal mixer routing" next to the Direct Out.

So tell me Reasonheads, how do I record all my drum tracks onto separate channels in the sequencer?
If you've already routed all pads to individual channels what you can do is, in the tool window(F8) go to sequencer tools and right at the bottom extract note to lanes. Make sure the squencer track is selected and then click on explode then hit the move button.

This will work only once you have already got a beat down
Old 2012-11-07, 14:22

I always have my kongs set up in a combinator and just use one combinator per drum track rather than trying to route the outputs like that. It's just less hassle this way and it doesn't really affect Dsp. So for drums alone I might have 5 different combinators, usually all with the same kong patch, depends how many individual tracks you want.
Old 2012-11-07, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
I always have my kongs set up in a combinator and just use one combinator per drum track rather than trying to route the outputs like that. It's just less hassle this way and it doesn't really affect Dsp. So for drums alone I might have 5 different combinators, usually all with the same kong patch, depends how many individual tracks you want.
Wow that's too much for me, why do you need all this combinators when you can just hit 3 on the desktop keyboard for "new dub" which creates a new note lane on whatever midi device your using.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:18

Sorry, misunderstood the original post. Are you playing the drums or manually editing them? To set up individual note lanes for the kong have it hi-lighted in the seq window and go to 'edit' then 'create new note lane'. Use each note lane for a separate drum.