Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Do u Guys "Agree" or "Disagree"
Agree 44 86.27%
Disagree 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-08, 05:06

Post Update SDK 4 Better CPU usage

All i want is Better CPU usage for RE's in Reason Everything else can wait! Something needs to be done here. I look at what people want next in reason and all i hear is more of this and more of that but with out realizing that more equals more "You Guessed it" CPU Usage!
This issue should be first on the list nothing else!
RE's r useless if they r not CPU friendly.
The SDK needs a lot of improvements.
From my experience with the new RE's i love them but that suddenly stops when your in the moment of being creative and u have to worry about your CPU running so hi so quickly in a session.

Please PH's Fix this first for us..

Mac Os X 64bit 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
12G RAM

I found this in PH's Website "Behind The Curtain"

Last edited by mmj85; 2012-11-10 at 23:01.
Old 2012-11-08, 07:07

Its true. Without REs I have worked with 20-30 audiochannels with effects and 2-3 loaded bars of DSP, but if I want to use one or two TSARs and one ETCH then possible only 8-10 channels with full loading DSP. It makes me a little nervous.
Old 2012-11-08, 07:24

I am not voting because there can only be one vote here (why would I be against REs having better CPU usage?) and anyway Propellerhead have acknowledged the problem themselves and are perhaps already working on it. But what amazes me is that there is someone who has voted against better CPU usage. I wonder why they would like REs to be a CPU hog... makes no sense to me...
Old 2012-11-08, 07:28

But is the SDK to blame or is it the code developers are putting into it? Predator (for example) is a pretty hungry beast at the best of times. Can changes to the SDK male a difference in this type of situation?
Old 2012-11-08, 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
But is the SDK to blame or is it the code developers are putting into it? Predator (for example) is a pretty hungry beast at the best of times. Can changes to the SDK male a difference in this type of situation?
I am sure there will be CPU hungry REs, but there seems to be a problem regarding REs in general since the beginning, at least on some systems. Remember when they introduced Alligator, Pulveriser and The Echo, which we later learned were REs, and the complaints started?
Old 2013-08-24, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
u-he actually said so a few months ago when I specifically asked them why their RE's are so CPU demanding

Oh just saw this was an ancient post, hahaha...
Old 2012-11-08, 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I am not voting because there can only be one vote here (why would I be against REs having better CPU usage?) and anyway Propellerhead have acknowledged the problem themselves and are perhaps already working on it. But what amazes me is that there is someone who has voted against better CPU usage. I wonder why they would like REs to be a CPU hog... makes no sense to me...
I respect your decision for not voting my friend. As a Reason user i wanted to start this poll to have people have a say in what truly matters and that's stability with the program that we all use and enjoy.
Old 2012-11-08, 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmj85 View Post
I respect your decision for not voting my friend. As a Reason user i wanted to start this poll to have people have a say in what truly matters and that's stability with the program that we all use and enjoy.
I agree with you. The thread is an excellent idea, I just think a poll (especially with those poll options) was not necessary.
Old 2013-08-24, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I sure dont have any problems with CPU usage, so each to their own.

If you want to save your CPU cycles you could use simpler synthesizer modules because they sure as hell wont become less CPU hungry with all the bells and whistles they have in theese days.
Old 2012-11-08, 08:10

I remember i use to play, compose, experiment, design sounds for hours in Reason barely hitting about 3-4 bars of DSP and that's really why i loved Reason from all the rest! that i can trust it to keep going without stopping. To be honest i do understand why u would feel little nervous knowing that your DSP is near its peak and u only have added 3 RE's if your like me i am sure you would appreciate the ability to add a lot more in there to make things more interesting?!