Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-08, 08:52

Unhappy Saved combinator files don't show up in list?

Hi,

I've been working with Reason for about a year now and something that never seemed to work well for me was creating my own combinator and saving these for later use in other tracks.

I can save the "cmb" file fine, and in Windows Explorer the files show up nicely, but when I create a new combinator and try to open the saved file (or use "Create instrument..." and search for the saved file) then the cmb file is not shown in the file list in Reason?

Anyone able to help me out here?

Thanks,
Björn

Last edited by BCS112; 2012-11-08 at 09:04.
Old 2012-11-08, 09:42

Where are you saving your cmb files? Are you sure you point your open file dialog to the right folder?

If you use the Search feature it will only search in folders specified by the "Search in..." dropbox in the open file dialog.
Old 2012-11-08, 12:55

I put them in the main Reason folder, also tried running "Search..." but they were not found. I have several cmb files in different folders and some of them show up and others don't. So maybe there is some setting that I am not aware of when I save the file? Must be something really basic.....

Björn
Old 2012-11-08, 13:05

Combinators for later Reason versions are hidden. But that might not be the issue here.

Also, it can depend on how your browsing to them. If you create a combinator and then browse, all combi patches should show up.

But if you choose Create Effect or Create Instrument, only select combis will be shown. Effect combis are those making use of the audio inputs, otherwise they are classed as Instrument combis. Or something like that.
Old 2012-11-08, 13:38

Like nhsh said, make sure that it's set to show the correct type of patches, but also make sure that it's searching where the files you want are and not just inside a single sound bank or somethin'.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:56

Thx for the help!

Will have another look tonight to see if I'm looking for the wrong type of component, but I was opening from an "empty" combinator so I should see all of them...

Björn
Old 2012-11-10, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCS112 View Post
I put them in the main Reason folder
That's OK, but keep in mind that if/when you update or upgrade Reason, the install process will delete *all* files (and subfolders) in the main Reason folder - which will wipe out the files you have created.

It's a good idea, though, to create a Reason folder (and subfolders) outside of the main reason folder for all of your patches, samples, refills, songs, etc and then add that folder to reason's favorites.

If you do continue to put your own files in the main reason folder, be sure to back them up before you to an update or upgrade.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-11-10, 09:52

If all else fails, you can do it the long way: open up Windows Explorer and then drag and drop the cmb file directly into Reason's rack.
Old 2012-11-11, 10:03

Hi,

Found the issue... Propellorhead 6.5 is installed in the 64bit program files ection but when I save my cmb files Reason suggested the old 32bit folder used by Reason 4 or 5.

Stupid...

Thanks for the help!
Bjorn
Old 2012-11-11, 12:03

If you create an instrument but in the directory is an effect patch it wont shop up and vise versa. Just dont load like that