Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-10, 23:46

Redrum computer issues.

Greatings,
This is my first post so here it goes, I am just starting with reason 6.5.2 and I have a simple drum beat going with the Redrum computer. On my mix I have two of these redrum computers and the second one is giving me issues. I am using the techno drum kit and with the kit I am using the Frankfurt bass drum. When I play it on the the actual computer it sounds fine but when I copy the pattern to the Sequencer the sound changes.

I cannot tell if it is the software messing up or if my computer is the issue. I run Windows 7 premium on a Dell inspiron 1750. I have the DX Primary sound card set up in the audio preferences. If anyone could help that would be great. This is for a school project which is due in 1 and a half weeks so the sooner the better.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenjaeger View Post
Greatings,
This is my first post so here it goes, I am just starting with reason 6.5.2 and I have a simple drum beat going with the Redrum computer. On my mix I have two of these redrum computers and the second one is giving me issues. I am using the techno drum kit and with the kit I am using the Frankfurt bass drum. When I play it on the the actual computer it sounds fine but when I copy the pattern to the Sequencer the sound changes.

I cannot tell if it is the software messing up or if my computer is the issue. I run Windows 7 premium on a Dell inspiron 1750. I have the DX Primary sound card set up in the audio preferences. If anyone could help that would be great. This is for a school project which is due in 1 and a half weeks so the sooner the better.
If you have the Redrum being triggered by the sequencer then you need to turn "run patterns" off on the Redrum. If both play you get a flanging sound.

Grum.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:13

Just tried that and still having issues. Its not so much of a flanging noise but a near complete loss of the texture of the original sound. Any other ideas?
Old 2012-11-11, 00:34

There should be no difference between playing the ReDrum through a pattern or from the sequencer, as long as only one of them is active. Could you post your song file?
Old 2012-11-11, 01:04

Schattenjaeger, that particular kit's kick drum is set to gate mode. See the little gate/ramp toggle switch next to the LENGTH knob?

When Gated sounds are triggered from Redrum's own patterns, they play according to the LENGTH knob value.

But when sequenced or triggered via MIDI, they play for as long as the note is held down - i.e. for as long as the note is drawn in the sequencer.

Easy fix: switch this drum channel from Gate (square) to Decay (ramp) mode to get your sequence sounding the same as the pattern version.

Last edited by nhsh; 2012-11-11 at 01:09.
Old 2012-11-11, 13:03

Problem fixed. Thanks a lot guys. Huge help. I might just get a distinction for the school project now.

-Schattenjaeger