Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-18, 19:43

Thor routing

A question about the Filter Env of the Voice Section in Thor.

The Reason manual tells us that it is is pre-wired to control the frequency of Filter 1 and 2.

Now, suppose that, using the Mod Matrix, I rout this Filter Env to the pitch of Oscillator 3. Would this cancel the pre-wired routing to the frequency of Filter 1 and 2, or would the pre-wired routing persist?

Thanks!
Old 2012-11-18, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagana33 View Post
A question about the Filter Env of the Voice Section in Thor.

The Reason manual tells us that it is is pre-wired to control the frequency of Filter 1 and 2.

Now, suppose that, using the Mod Matrix, I rout this Filter Env to the pitch of Oscillator 3. Would this cancel the pre-wired routing to the frequency of Filter 1 and 2, or would the pre-wired routing persist?

Thanks!
No, you will not break the pre-wiring by routing the Filter Env to Osc 3 Pitch. The only way to remove the modulation of the Filter Env to Filter 1 and 2 is to set their "ENV" parameter to zero.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:49

No, it would persist. It wouldn't be much of a matrix if setting a modulation source to one target cut it off from another target. It would be a mod row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagana33 View Post
That's right, but is dependent on the ENV settings (Filter 1 Env Amount, Filter 2 Env Amount). If you don't want the Filter Env it to have any effect on these filters, turn these ENV knobs right down.

(i.e. exactly what eXode said!)
Old 2012-11-19, 01:58

Smile

Get it!
Thanks very much.