Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-20, 02:44

Ignition Key Not Detected at all after downloading 6.5...?

i have reason 6.5 working fine on my mac. internet verification works. however, the ignition key is not recognized. its not even recognized in my account when i go to ignition key info and try to have it detected. so i followed these directions:

If your Ignition Key can't be detected by Reason or in your user account, it can be that you are running the wrong CodeMeter kernel extension. If your Ignition Key shows as a volume on your desktop, this is the case. Here's how to remove the old kernel extension (KEXT) and install the correct version:

Go to your Reason application folder.
Right-click the Reason application and select "Show Package Contents"
Locate "CmUninstall.app" in the /Contents/Resources/ folder in the Reason package.
Double-click "CmUninstall.app" to run the app. (You might be prompted for your Admin Password)
Click "Remove" to remove all CodeMeter files installed by the original installer.
When you're told that the CodeMeter Removal is successful, click "Quit" to exit.
Launch Reason and the correct CodeMeter kernel extension will be installed.
As this installation requires you to restart your computer for any changes to take place, you will be prompted to click "Install and Restart".
Once you've restarted your computer, Reason and the Authorizer should be able to detect your key.

however, it is still not detected. can someone please help me with this?
Old 2013-03-27, 23:26

Go to your account webpage on Propellerhead website and click on Ignition Key info. From there go to Manage License. From there you should be able to update your ignition key to work on 6.5 without having to do internet authorization every time you want to use Reason 6.5.