Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-20, 20:18

So I want to sell my Reason 6. Can you help me?

Long story short, I just don't use reason 6 as much as I thought I would. How exactly do I go about reselling it? is it difficult to switch licenses over if the transaction is done over eBay? Is there anything I should know before going through with selling it? Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

On propellerheads site it says "A license number that is authorized on an Ignition Key (or Balance) cannot be transferred to a new owner. Please remove the license numbers that have been written to a hardware device and resubmit your transfer request" what exactly does this mean?

Last edited by VinnyDalfonso; 2012-11-20 at 20:30.
Old 2012-11-20, 20:58

It means, you should remove your license first on the Authorization Key, then contact PH and let them know you're gonna transfer your license. They'll most likely email you back with steps on what to do after.

Also, if you wanna prevent that hassle, I accept donations. It would help a lot of young up and coming beat makers around my area.
Old 2012-11-20, 21:33

I would if I could! Sadly, I'm getting rid of Reason mostly because of financial issues. How exactly do you remove the license on the authorization (ignition?) key? Thanks!
Old 2012-11-20, 21:57

goto "your account" and select manage license next to all of the licenses that show your ignition key icon. i think there is a remove or de-authorize option -- i'd test it and post the actual steps, but i don't want to mess up my key

Here's the info on buying/selling used copies https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...ion=buyandsell

I suggest you read the seller and buyer stuff so you know what to do from your end, and what the buyer is supposed to expect. note that once you find a buyer, it can take a few days for the transfer to go through - and it won't happen over a weekend, as it is done manually by someone at Props during sweden business hours.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano