Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-21, 16:55
jwh1

Changing DAW's

Hi
I'm new to this forum and as yet I haven't bought Reason.
I have, for the last three years been using SONAR, the producer version, I have now started writing more dance, techno type material, and looking about the net, it seems Reason may be the DAW I'm looking for, anyone like to let me know if this would the correct DAW for the type of music I'm writing ?

Cheers
John
Old 2012-11-21, 17:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1 View Post
Hi
I'm new to this forum and as yet I haven't bought Reason.
I have, for the last three years been using SONAR, the producer version, I have now started writing more dance, techno type material, and looking about the net, it seems Reason may be the DAW I'm looking for, anyone like to let me know if this would the correct DAW for the type of music I'm writing ?

Cheers
John
Absolutely correct, mostly Reason cool for the electro kind of music, although you can write any kind of music in it as well!
Old 2012-11-21, 17:06
jwh1

Hi Mate
Thanks for your quick response, just trying to get a feel for this forum, and the people on it.

Cheers
Old 2012-11-21, 17:23

Feel free to pick our brains bud, the Reason community is one very friendly area to be in, there's no flaming etc going on or dumbing down on users, we're all here to help each other, learn and evolve as much as possible, learning new tricks and gaining new friends along the way

If you do decide to join the Jolly Reason ship then hit me up anytime for any questions, and I'm sure there's other guys and girls on here willing to help where they can

Old 2012-11-21, 18:05
jwh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABONERECORDINGS View Post
Feel free to pick our brains bud, the Reason community is one very friendly area to be in, there's no flaming etc going on or dumbing down on users, we're all here to help each other, learn and evolve as much as possible, learning new tricks and gaining new friends along the way

If you do decide to join the Jolly Reason ship then hit me up anytime for any questions, and I'm sure there's other guys and girls on here willing to help where they can

Thanks
I appreciate it

John
Old 2012-11-21, 18:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsk8csPxaPw&feature=plcp
Old 2012-11-21, 17:32
Banned

Quote:
Hi Mate
Thanks for your quick response, just trying to get a feel for this forum, and the people on it.

Cheers
Yo!

I think you should try demo & see by yourself: https://www.propellerheads.se/download/
Old 2012-11-21, 17:56

There is no right DAW for any genre. Both Reason and Sonar can do about anything you throw at them. I personally love Reason's workflow over every other DAW. But if you know Sonar well I would stay on Sonar. It is REALLY easy to go down the DAW rabbit hole and never make any music. Of course, the Reason community would love to have you. But I don't want you to be disappointed as there is no "magic bullet" DAW for electro music.
Old 2012-11-21, 18:02
jwh1

I appreciate what you're saying, but I think as well as the DAW, it's also the people using that particular DAW and the type of music they are writing, as I'm fairly new to electro type music, I will be able to reach more people here, for advice, than I will on the SONAR forum !

Cheers
John
Old 2012-11-21, 20:12

Quote:
Hi Mate

Cheers
Since I've been complaining about the dongle ... I have to make one thing very clear:

This forum is fantastic. One of the most supportive I have ever encountered.