Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-22, 11:50

Some suggestions

Hello everybody,

I've got some suggestions for a future version but i have not read the entire forum regarding improvements and future "Nice-to-haves". So bear with me if i am suggestion double

1) How about a Reason-project file? Let me explain. It could be a single file containing multiple songs/ timelines. This could be nicely integrated in the F8 tool panel. It shows songs/timelines/sequences, used samples, vst..ooops... correct me: Rack Extensions and general song info. If you work with Adobe'sPremiere of After Effects you know what mean.

2) Improvements in editing automation lanes. It's great to draw vector-like but i can't (or do not know) how to draw a bezier curve thus creating ease in/out automation changes. I would like to refer to any vector drawing programme.

3) ...and this has been said before but again...MP3-export. When i complete a song in the evening, i always listen back to it on my mp3-player riding my bike to work the morning after.
This way i can judge if i need to work on any elements in a song. Of course... this is considered to be a pro-package and there are countless of other free tools to convert wave/aiff to mp3, but my player only supports mp3, no wav/aiff/flac or whatever... small but i would make live easier...

That's it for now, do you think it's usefull?
Let me now and discuss

Kind regards,
Marc
Old 2012-11-22, 13:05

Hi Marc,

Here my responses (for what they are worth )

1) I'm not sure what you mean by this I'm afraid, maybe you mean a sort of "quick dial" function for Reason files? Not sure, maybe you could expand a bit on this for my benefit but no hassle if not

2) I agree! Before Reason 4, automation was done differently, either by free drawing tool or by blocks. I really liked that and I would like to see this as optional automation feature again. Of course it’s still possible to automate by blocks, however it’s not as straight forward anymore I find.

3) It's true that currently I require a third party software to do MP3 export which is OK but not ideal. Plus it cost me extra money so I would not have been against a MP3 export functionality in Reason before I bought that other software. Could have saved me 25,- bucks

PS: free MP3 converters are available aplenty, however it is still possible to stumble upon one that uses old/outdated MP3 conversion algorithms. So you need to be careful what you get. A Reason integrated MP3 export functionality would circumvent this.