Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-22, 18:40

Did they fixed it?

Hi everyone.
When Polar RE was released, I tried it then but can not do it now.
Can anyone tell me please did props fixed this sound delaying problem or not? Before Polar was useless for real time stretching on rytms, because there was about 15ms delay in sound.
And how heavy is Polar on CPU now?
Old 2012-11-22, 19:14

It's in the nature of this sort of effect to have a delay there is nothing to fix at least not until we get the sort of processing power that currently only excists in sci fi but if you want to harmonize your drums or a reason instrument then you could just duplicate that track and retune the instrument to get a similar effect.
with regards to cpu it's pretty good and I dont have a very powerful laptop.
here's a track I've just uploaded which uses polar on the lead guitar which comes in at 1:50 and again in the last minute personally polar is one of my fav rack extentions I been waiting for something like this for a long time

http://soundcloud.com/transient-behaviour/in-ten-city

plus you can improve the delay there are tips on this in the manual as it depends on the sound your putting through it as to how you set it up

Last edited by hollownation; 2012-11-22 at 19:20.