Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-26, 00:35

Steps to creating Reason Refills

Ok can someone walk me through the proper steps to creating refills.

I downloaded the packer, and I'm following all the steps. When I open Reason and load in the refills I made, I can use them with no problem.

But when I send them to a friend to use, it doesn't load for him. It will load the combinator but it will show up blank in the field and doesn't work.

Am I missing something, why does Reason have to be so complicated..

Can someone please show me the exact way to making Refills?

Thanks!
Old 2012-11-26, 07:24

I really don't know what is going on, but does the refill contain any refills from a 3rd party?? Does your friend use the same version of Reason that you do??
Old 2012-11-26, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawgbeatz View Post
Ok can someone walk me through the proper steps to creating refills.

I downloaded the packer, and I'm following all the steps. When I open Reason and load in the refills I made, I can use them with no problem.

But when I send them to a friend to use, it doesn't load for him. It will load the combinator but it will show up blank in the field and doesn't work.

Am I missing something, why does Reason have to be so complicated..

Can someone please show me the exact way to making Refills?

Thanks!
Your explaination sucks!

Are you using samples in the Refill or just Patches? How big is the refill? Did you concider the size? Explain the steps you took, what you want et cetera.

Your using the Refill Packer and say "Why does reason have to be so complicated". Reason is complicated, the refill packing procedure is not, so maybe you need to stop using reason then?
Old 2012-11-26, 14:54

It can be two things I think...

#1 you're making ReFills out of other ReFills so, it works fine for you but not for someone who doesn't have those ReFills.
Question: When you pack the Refill do you get a "External ReFills Referenced" error message?

#2 you're making combis with v6.5.? and you're friend only has version 4 or 5.
Question: what version do you have, what version does he have?
There was a backwards combatibilty issue with combos recently IIRC so you'll have to have the latest, 6.5.2.

Only other thing I can think is you got REs in the patches and he doesn't have them or has a pre-RE version of reason.