Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-01, 02:38

My ignition key has a pretty new home!

Very happy with this purchase =) Sorry for the blurriness.

I was debating between this and the 25 key.

It was actually a hard decision.

What the 25 key has that the 37 does not:
joystick, arpeggiator, sustain/tap button.

What the 37 key has that the 25 does not:
An extra octave, wheels, two usb ports.

I was originally leaning toward the 25 key, because it could fit in my backpack, but decided to go with the 37 key because of the extra octave and usb ports. I can buy a bigger backpack at some point =)
Old 2012-12-01, 02:42

I had never had the opportunity to play a MicroKey before, as the stores where I previously lived did not carry them. The action and velocity on this thing are awesome! And the price tag is sweet. Yes, that is a Studiologic in the background. I am picky about my keys, which says a lot about my evaluation of this little gadget =)
Old 2012-12-01, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
I had never had the opportunity to play a MicroKey before, as the stores where I previously lived did not carry them. The action and velocity on this thing are awesome! And the price tag is sweet. Yes, that is a Studiologic in the background. I am picky about my keys, which says a lot about my evaluation of this little gadget =)
I like the colors, black and white can be so boring.
Old 2012-12-01, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesis View Post
I like the colors, black and white can be so boring.
Me too. Based on pictures online, I thought I would dislike the red and black. I actually called the store today looking for the all black version (or as I dubbed it, "The Darth Vader Edition"). I'm glad they had this one in, as I like it better having seen it in person.
Old 2012-12-01, 04:54

I have the 37 key Korg Micro, sadly it's the boring black and white one, but it's still a really nice set of keys. I didn't put my props usb in it either, I just didn't think to.
electro world

zillis is two people (brothers). just so you know.
Old 2012-12-01, 05:54

So ittle-bitty lol - I do like the matching colors though
Old 2012-12-01, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillis View Post
I have the 37 key Korg Micro, sadly it's the boring black and white one, but it's still a really nice set of keys. I didn't put my props usb in it either, I just didn't think to.
I really don't know why more controller manufacturers aren't doing this (adding usb slots so that controllers become usb hubs rather than dead ends). This is actually my first usb bus powered controller as well. Everything else I have owned has been synths and literal MIDI controllers (which rely on DC power and a separate MIDI interface). Boy have I been missing out on convenience! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
So ittle-bitty lol - I do like the matching colors though
It is a great color combo! I had also taken a picture that was a bit closer to the ignition key (which made everything else completely indistinguishable) and figured that picture would be a bit misleading as folks start asking, "Is that a Propellerhead keyboard???!"