Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-02, 14:46

UAD for Reason!!!!!!!!

I want to use my UAD plugins also within Reason, this would be nice!!!

UAD Rack Extensions and DSP Support!!!!!!!
Old 2012-12-02, 14:50

Get an Apollo and loop back your ADAT, then you can use the UAD plugs though the 8 outputs/inputs, I did that already and it works great Any other solution would probably introduce too much latency to your signal flow Also I doubt the RE SDK has an API to access PCI and Firewire hardware, its a platform independent environment, so such stuff is hard to implement. The ADAT solution or a ReWire setup probably make more sense given how Reason is designed (all-in-one *CPU* based studio).
Old 2012-12-02, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Get an Apollo and loop back your ADAT, then you can use the UAD plugs though the 8 outputs/inputs, I did that already and it works great Any other solution would probably introduce too much latency to your signal flow Also I doubt the RE SDK has an API to access PCI and Firewire hardware, its a platform independent environment, so such stuff is hard to implement. The ADAT solution or a ReWire setup probably make more sense given how Reason is designed (all-in-one *CPU* based studio).

wooow you got a apollo that is cool , I wanted to get one to have better sampling solutions in reason but I aint got cash enougth now , maybe in a few months !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-12-02, 15:01

the UAD plugins have been designed specifically to work with the 4-8 uad dsp is unthinkeable to create a RE that it becomes an uad iself without the 4 Sharc devices.

and it would be totally useless instead of rewriting the same specific plugin with the appropriate SDK.

Reason 7.0.1 / Mac Pro 8 core 16 gigabyte Ram / M-Audio Firewire 410 / Studio UAD Solo 2 Quad / Behringer BCF2000 / Ua Distressor / Yamaha HFS80/ Blamsoft Resampler / Bitspeek LPC Vocoder / Ozone Maximizer / Rough Compressor / Softube FET / RPdistort Effect / RPsubboombass / Synapse Antidote / Korg Polysix / Quadelectra Stereo Splitter / Selig Curve / ReQ131

https://facebook.com/lemecdj
https://twitter.com/karimlemecdj
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.youtube.com/user/kynziomusic
Old 2012-12-02, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinzio View Post
the UAD plugins have been designed specifically to work with the 4-8 uad dsp is unthinkeable to create a RE that it becomes an uad iself without the 4 Sharc devices.

and it would be totally useless instead of rewriting the same specific plugin with the appropriate SDK.
Yeah, DSP driven plugins are more justified by their speed rather than taking work off the CPU or whatever else they promise. No way I can get a CPU-based setup to below 4ms real latency, thats why people use ProTools and now the UAD Apollo etc. Otherwise DSP cards are mostly a way to protect their plugins from being copied.
Old 2013-09-27, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
I want to use my UAD plugins also within Reason, this would be nice!!!

UAD Rack Extensions and DSP Support!!!!!!!
This would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2013-09-27, 11:43

when UAD plugins will be native,

when UA will accept to give 30 % to PH

when also a huge part of PH customer will accept to pay more than 79 € for a RE.

=> certainly never

we already have plenty of RE that replace most UAD plugins for 1/5 of UAD plugins price,

I don't miss them anymore
Old 2013-09-28, 02:16

You're asking the wrong people.