Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-03, 10:41

Major Delay Compensation Bug!!

Major Delay Compensation Bug:

The new crossfade tool which I use much, offers a really annoying delay compensation bug. If I crossfade between two signals, one of them is delayed. You hear it too clear.

Maybe you should create a better or even a delay compensation, if it is not there, which compensate the latency which is caused by the different effects.

Edit:
It is NOT the Crossfader! The crossfader is REALLY nice, I like it! BUT it is Reason, which dont has a proper delay compensation!

Last edited by Michael1985; 2012-12-03 at 20:30.
Old 2012-12-03, 11:31

Morfin? No it doesn't. Maybe your FX chain on the other channel adds the delay, Morfin doesn't. Some plugins cause delays but in Reason delays are not compensated, like in a real studio.
Old 2012-12-03, 15:04

I said I realize it with morfin because one of the two signals is delayed.

No delay compensation within Reason?
Really really bad...

My other DAWs like Studio One have it...
All out of sync, Reason unusable if you use one dry and one signal with many effects at the same time!!
Old 2012-12-03, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post

Really really bad...

All out of sync, Reason unusable if you use one dry and one signal with many effects at the same time!!
Haven't tried this device but other devices have these issues. Hope Reason have a fix for this.
Old 2012-12-03, 17:42

Quote:

Really really bad...

Its easy to offer delay compensation when a cannel is totally separate from the rest of the signal flow and maybe just has a sidechain input like in other DAWs, in Reason you can pull cables from anywhere to anywhere else, making delay compensation something very unpredictable and hard to handle. Even if it had delay compensation, it would be easier to handle it manually. Also only a few effects add latency, just put the same delay on the other channel.

Last edited by normen; 2012-12-03 at 18:20.
Old 2012-12-03, 20:29

Yes, a manual delay comenpensation adjustment possibility would be enough if it is necessary.

You say, a automatic dly comp is impossible, but it is nothing else than in every other DAW: a signal gets through effects and the signal gets delayed, the other signals not.
Old 2012-12-03, 20:39

Quote:
Yes, a manual delay comenpensation adjustment possibility would be enough if it is necessary.

You say, a automatic dly comp is impossible, but it is nothing else than in every other DAW: a signal gets through effects and the signal gets delayed, the other signals not.
Yes it is different, for other DAWs theres only one spot where they have to compensate: Where the channel gets mixed into the bus (or the bus into the output) and the user always knows this. In Reason that can be anywhere in the signal flow, even between two plugins. And if you delay that other channel it could in turn again influence something else (like a CV or split output).

And you can compensate manually already as I said, just add a delay in the channel that has none atm (DDL-1 with feedback set to zero).