Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-04, 06:42

hey guys

I need some feed back on my new track, please check it out if you have time, comments and feed back much appreciated :-)

http://soundcloud.com/frijtjuren/lost-soul-wishpers

cheers
Old 2012-12-04, 07:13

interesting one, just listened yesterday to that voice sample at the beginning yesterday

maybe there could be a little more overall punch/enchancement, don´t know how exactly, just a feeling.
Old 2012-12-05, 07:34

thanks for listening, i thought of making it into dubstep version with punchier sound, i do agree with you as it need a bit of punchier sound to it as i do prefer sound with a good punch to it :-), as i made it into glitch hop maybe the sound less appealing, mind you it's the first attempt for me in making glitchhop type of genre :-) cheers for the honest feedback though and i really appreciated that.
Ps: do you think i should make a dubstep version of it? cos i wanna try it and see if it's better :-))

cheers man!
Old 2012-12-05, 13:58

actually I find it good the way it is, was more talking soundwise (EQ,compression,etc.)
Old 2012-12-06, 03:28

any specific for EQing, compression suggestion? or my sound less dynamic in all aspects? but Im sure it's not muddy and i worked hard to minimize the muddiness though ;-)i quite like the compressed deep sound though...
Old 2012-12-07, 00:55

listening once again. For my taste the drums could be raised in level. In my ears they sound like background/effect or introdrums, while I always expect the "real" drums starting any moment without happening :-D They could use some more bass along with some other sounds.

No muddiness, very clear sound anyways. The compression seems to be fine aswell. Just some sounds could be a bit more present. So I say it´s mainly about leveling + bassEQing in my ears. Maybe also a little bit of sound spaceplacing via adjusting reverb/panorama settings.
Old 2012-12-08, 04:51

Man that intro is pure evil! You sure are good at those kinds of reverse effects and the whole darkness vibe. It's weird because it's light and heavy at the same time.
It really switches up right before 3 minutes but still flows. That sound around 3:50 is really cool. Not sure what to call it but it sustains and it's really washy- awesome. You're good at introducing new sounds. Love what you did with the piano. Nice and creepy. The beat is subtle and also awesome.
I'm glad I'm not listening to this alone in the dark during the witching hour! Otherwise I'd be pretty spooked and maybe start seeing ghosts and sh*t.

https://soundcloud.com/last-alternative
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com/
Old 2012-12-08, 09:37

hey thanks for the + feed back, kind comments and your time for listening to my tune, most of all you sounded you enjoyed it and makes me happy :-)) i don't know why i'm fascinated by dark ambient, i really enjoy creating some new sound inspiration is boundless and the matter of practicing and knock that limit i'll say! :-))
PS: it's ok if it's good ghost when you listen to it...what if not?? you probably won't finish listening the tune till the end LOL
Old 2012-12-09, 09:10

I'm diggin the sounds you're using. Dynamics in the hi hats are my only issue - I'm too much of a drum freak to not hear it

Like.
Old 2012-12-09, 12:12

hey Anthony,
thank you for listening and liking my sound, yes fair enough if you think the hi hats is less presence. mind you i am still working on it though. there were some suggestions from others which i consider try my attempt :-))i could see that you work with live drums as well on your profile pic, good stuff! ;-)

I visited your soundcloud page, and you got some cool sounds man, nice work!

cheers