Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-13, 16:33

Reason 6.5.2 Random crash!! lost my complete song!! WTF!!

so I was working on this track for like an hour. just had a good groove going & Reason fucking crashed on me!!! there wasn't even like a warning. Reason simply disappeared in front of my eyes. NO FUCKING WARNING WHATSOEVER!!!

it's definitely not my computer btw. I have a super fast and very stabile Mac that runs 10.8!

Just wanted to load a sample by pressing ALT + CMD + I & then Reason crashed! (my mac is totally fine, it didn't even logout or restart so it's DEFINITELY NOT MY MAC!!!)

there is also no fucking crash report! only one ''Recovered 13 december'' file that only contains 1 waveform I can't even play. my project contained at least 10 to 15 1 hit samples & 10 recorded wavs already!!!!

I've had this happen before but then I was lucky enough to save. now i didn't. but it's not about that. I simply can't trust this fucking software anymore because I don't know when it's going to fucking crash WITHOUT WARNING!!!! that's the worst part. WITHOUT FUCKING WARNING!!!!!

KANKER SOFTWARE

oh btw I have no RE plugins so that's not it either.

Last edited by Hessel123; 2012-12-13 at 16:36.
Old 2012-12-13, 16:41

I sympathise, but I don't know of any software that gives you a warning it's about to crash. Like:

>> WARNING, CRASH IMMINENT <<
>> CRASHING IN 5, 4, 3, 2, <<
Old 2012-12-13, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsh View Post
I sympathise, but I don't know of any software that gives you a warning it's about to crash. Like:

Actually, something similar happened to me the other day. I can't remember what I was using, but basically the application in question crashed while I had two documents open. A crash prompt popped up but continued letting me work on the documents to the point where I was able to then save them and then acknowledge the crash which closed the application.

Which just begs the question - "how did it crash in the first place"?
Old 2012-12-13, 17:56

The audio can be recovered by loading the orphan and bouncing to disk.
Old 2012-12-13, 19:03

Quote:

Yes, that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of a proper crash. :-)

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2012-12-13, 20:00

Meh....
Old 2013-04-30, 10:14

Quote:

Big LOL when I read this.

I can imagine Marvin the paranoid android saying this! 8))
Old 2012-12-13, 16:41

There seems to be a problem concerning ML that affects some programs, including Reason. I am still on SL and Reason runs without any problems. Maybe your crash was caused by Reason itself but from what we've seen recently it might have been caused by ML itself. If you don't have a crash log (there must be one!), I suggest updating ML, they released an update one or two weeks ago. I am not sure it has solved this problem, but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel123 View Post
so I was working on this track for like an hour. just had a good groove going & Reason fucking crashed on me!!! there wasn't even like a warning. Reason simply disappeared in front of my eyes. NO FUCKING WARNING WHATSOEVER!!!

it's definitely not my computer btw. I have a super fast and very stabile Mac that runs 10.8!

Just wanted to load a sample by pressing ALT + CMD + I & then Reason crashed! (my mac is totally fine, it didn't even logout restart so it's DEFINITELY NOT MY MAC!!!)

there is also no fucking crash report! only one ''Recovered 13 december'' file that only contains 1 waveform I can't even play. my project contained at least 10 to 15 1 hit samples & 10 recorded wavs already!!!!

I've had this happen before but then I was lucky enough to save. now i didn't. but it's not about that. I simply can't trust this fucking software anymore because I don't know when it's going to fucking crash WITHOUT WARNING!!!! that's the worst part. WITHOUT FUCKING WARNING!!!!!

KANKER SOFTWARE

oh btw I have no RE plugins so that's not it either.
Old 2012-12-13, 20:46

by using cmd+s on a regular basis, your swearing would decrease appreciately
Old 2012-12-13, 21:31

My question is, how do you complete a song in one hour?