Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-18, 23:12

Reason Gurus help please

Hey guys. Really loving Reason, but theres a few irks that are driving me crazing that I can't find a work around on my own, wondering if anyone knew how to help.

Zooming. How do I remap the keys so I can use my middle mouse wheel to zoom (and probably Control-Middle Mouse Wheel to zoom in vertically). Clicking those little + and - buttons is insanely slow.

How do I get the sequencer to follow the mixer and rack views when I solo or mute a track? Also, when I rearrange the track order on the sequencer view, the mixer doesn't follow copy the new track order.

Finally, how do I hide unused tracks on the sequencer and mixer windows?

Many thanks
Old 2012-12-19, 13:40

Fast zoom.... ok use Ctrl- and mouse wheel to zoom in, Shift- and wheel to scroll - CTRl+Shift+ wheel - zoom and scroll same time

Sequencer to follow the mixer... you mean automation? Alt-click to allow automation editing, and on the sequencer the control will appear. Then draw in the automation to allow mute on / off. you draw the automation in clips, so you can reposition them and / or timestretch them like audio (siik)

you can't hide mixer tracks, only fold / unfold. If you are not using anything on them at all, then kill / delete them off

ReQ·131 in the RE Store:
http://shop.propellerheads.se/produc...31-31-band-eq/

Lab:One Recordings (C) 2011-2012
http://www.lab-one-recordings.co.uk
Old 2012-12-19, 18:12

The solos and mutes on the sequencer are different from the solos and mutes on the mixer, so they simply cannot be linked (one mutes data near the beginning of the signal path while the other mutes audio near the end of the signal path).

Linking them would be similar to linking the mute on a send with the mute on the return - they are both mutes but they do different things because they are at different points in the signal path. :-)
USA
Old 2012-12-19, 18:39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
The solos and mutes on the sequencer are different from the solos and mutes on the mixer, so they simply cannot be linked (one mutes data near the beginning of the signal path while the other mutes audio near the end of the signal path).

Linking them would be similar to linking the mute on a send with the mute on the return - they are both mutes but they do different things because they are at different points in the signal path. :-)
Glies, don't get me wrong or any banter, I'm really serious as I could to be in my life now!

I've heard (as I think you & a lot of people) that Johnny bought cool mansion in Nashville, so I gave a thought to myself that you could meet him & make some soundtracks for his new projects!

Wouldn't it be cool?
Old 2012-12-19, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Glies, don't get me wrong or any banter, I'm really serious as I could to be in my life now!

I've heard (as I think you & a lot of people) that Johnny bought cool mansion in Nashville, so I gave a thought to myself that you could meet him & make some soundtracks for his new projects!

Wouldn't it be cool?
I guess I should do the neighborly thing and drop by and introduce myself!!! ;-)
USA
Old 2012-12-19, 19:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
I guess I should do the neighborly thing and drop by and introduce myself!!! ;-)
Should do!

Cheers!
Old 2012-12-20, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfresha View Post
Fast zoom.... ok use Ctrl- and mouse wheel to zoom in, Shift- and wheel to scroll - CTRl+Shift+ wheel - zoom and scroll same time

Sequencer to follow the mixer... you mean automation? Alt-click to allow automation editing, and on the sequencer the control will appear. Then draw in the automation to allow mute on / off. you draw the automation in clips, so you can reposition them and / or timestretch them like audio (siik)

you can't hide mixer tracks, only fold / unfold. If you are not using anything on them at all, then kill / delete them off
Thanks DJFresha - thats perfect. Glies sorted the question on sequencer following mixer.
Old 2012-12-20, 08:41

Glies. Cheers for the info on the mixer/sequencer linking, thats exactly what I was after.
I don't understand why that matters though? A mute is a mute, who cares where it is on the signal path. The mixer mute/solos links with the rack, which is technically before the channel mute/solos.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeenz View Post
Glies. Cheers for the info on the mixer/sequencer linking, thats exactly what I was after.
I don't understand why that matters though? A mute is a mute, who cares where it is on the signal path. The mixer mute/solos links with the rack, which is technically before the channel mute/solos.

If you listen to it closely, their mute behaves differently. The mute for sequencer tracks only mutes the sound but not the effects, try it on some tracks that has a lot of fx or release coz you'll still hear it after you mute it... While on Mixer's mute, when you mute, it mutes all the signals. You can automate it too.(Nice for chopped up stutter effect)

Last edited by dudelab21; 2012-12-20 at 10:02.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:38

Mmmkay, I hear it. Its weird though, and pretty annoying imho.

Cheers mate.