Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-20, 21:54

Wink Reason 6.5 is boss! Just one noob(ish) problem.

I am a dying breed of musician who play acoustic guitar as well as using midi hardware. Reason 6 is great, love it. But I cannot find any acoustic guitar settings/effects. The presets are all for electric.

Anybody know how to get that clean, pop, warm feel for acoustic guitar?

Any advice will help and I'll give em' all a shot.

Thanks community.
Old 2012-12-20, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiebars View Post
I am a dying breed of musician who play acoustic guitar as well as using midi hardware. Reason 6 is great, love it. But I cannot find any acoustic guitar settings/effects. The presets are all for electric.

Anybody know how to get that clean, pop, warm feel for acoustic guitar?

Any advice will help and I'll give em' all a shot.

Thanks community.
Welcome to Reason!

I also have an acoustic (with an electric pickup). What are you trying to accomplish? I find a little reverb and touch of compression really brings mine out really well, but if you're not using electric pickups then how are you mic'ing your recording session? As you probably already know, how you place your mics will have a lot to do with how your guitar sounds.
Old 2012-12-20, 22:21

In the R6 FSB > All Effect Patches > Instrument Processors there’s an Acoustic Guitar.cmb patch and in > Mastering there’s an Acoustic.cmb patch and in Fidelity FX > Distortion there’s an Acoustic Guitar Exciter.cmb patch. May be worth a shot as a start.
Old 2012-12-20, 22:36

Thumbs up Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
In the R6 FSB > All Effect Patches > Instrument Processors there’s an Acoustic Guitar.cmb patch and in > Mastering there’s an Acoustic.cmb patch and in Fidelity FX > Distortion there’s an Acoustic Guitar Exciter.cmb patch. May be worth a shot as a start.
This is it!

Awesome! Thanks a million. Time to get jamming! It sounds so good.
Old 2012-12-21, 00:13

Welcome to Reason and to the forums and to some happy jamming! How about posting us a track sometime?

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2012-12-21 at 00:16.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:55

Smile Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
How about posting us a track sometime?
For sure! Where can I hear others in the meantime?

As Einstein once rightly stated - "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Old 2012-12-20, 22:22

Thumbs up Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Welcome to Reason!

What are you trying to accomplish? I find a little reverb and touch of compression really brings mine out really well, but if you're not using electric pickups then how are you mic'ing your recording session?
Thank you for the warm welcome, coincidentally, I would like just as warm sound from the acoustic. I am using an acoustic electric and I find the pick ups on that are more what i'm looking for (as oppose to using my RODE mic.)

As I am a complete amateur at knob fiddling and EQ fondling perhaps you could give me a example of what settings you use.