Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-22, 22:38

Angry win zip

anybody know step by step how to get reason refills into reasons essentials?
Old 2012-12-22, 22:51

I don't know if that's even possible. There are many Reason devices that Essentials doesn't have. For example there's no Thor in Essentials, or a dynamic section on the SSL mixer.
see the differences here:
https://www.propellerheads.se/produc...mparison-chart
correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are ReFills created for Essentials especially.
Old 2012-12-23, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
I don't know if that's even possible. There are many Reason devices that Essentials doesn't have. For example there's no Thor in Essentials, or a dynamic section on the SSL mixer.
see the differences here:
https://www.propellerheads.se/produc...mparison-chart
correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are ReFills created for Essentials especially.
It's possible.

If a patch contains a device not included in Essentials, it will tell you that it can't be opened.

Otherwise, there's really no issue with opening refills.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post
It's possible.

If a patch contains a device not included in Essentials, it will tell you that it can't be opened.

Otherwise, there's really no issue with opening refills.
ah alright. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 2012-12-22, 22:53

you don't really put refills "into" reason or essentials...

you need to open the zipfile and extract the refill file (the one with the red icon) into any folder on your computer, then from inside reason, you navigate to that folder to access the refill.

what i recommend is that you create a refill folder somewhere on your computer and put all of your refills in there, then add that folder to the favorites list in reason.

i have a folder called 'reason' and inside that folder i have folders: refills, patches, songs, samples... so that all of my own reason stuff is in one place - easy to find - easy to backup - easy to move to a new computer...

Note that refills contain patches for various devices, so you have to look at the refills to determine what devices are used and the only patches that will work in essentials are the ones with all of the required devices.

You can experiment with free refills with nothing lost but time - but before you purchase a refill, make sure it doesn't depend heavily on a device that's not in essentials

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RĂ˜DE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano