Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-27, 19:27

Best Spectrum Analyser ?

Yes i know ! there is a combinator patch to have a spectrum analyser using the vocoder

but i would like a stand alone vst that could work good with reason ! reason does not support vst ! but i hope that the signal could be taped from the sound card !!

anny suggestion of a practical tool that would do the job ?
tired of scrolling up to see what difference i just did whit the adjustements !
Old 2012-12-27, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooz View Post
Yes i know ! there is a combinator patch to have a spectrum analyser using the vocoder

but i would like a stand alone vst that could work good with reason ! reason does not support vst ! but i hope that the signal could be taped from the sound card !!

anny suggestion of a practical tool that would do the job ?
tired of scrolling up to see what difference i just did whit the adjustements !
I use Signal Scope (Mac) for technical stuff requiring spectral analysis.

Not sure what to tell you about scrolling, since you can put the vocoder/analyzer anywhere in the rack you like!
Plus, an external analyzer will not 'float' on top of Reason, you'll still have to switch pages to see it (unless you have a huge monitor or multiple monitors). :-)
USA
Old 2012-12-29, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
I use Signal Scope (Mac) for technical stuff requiring spectral analysis.

Not sure what to tell you about scrolling, since you can put the vocoder/analyzer anywhere in the rack you like!
Plus, an external analyzer will not 'float' on top of Reason, you'll still have to switch pages to see it (unless you have a huge monitor or multiple monitors). :-)
Great thank you ! yeah i realized that i could move the spectrum analyzer !but i wanted a more precise tool i guess ! but im getting use to it ! ill stick with the vocoder !thank you
Old 2012-12-29, 19:38

behringer dsp 8024, over 12 years now.
Old 2012-12-30, 10:02

If your on a mac you can purchase a license for Audio Hijack Pro which come with a built in VST/AU stand alone host system. Load up your favorite Frequency analyzer and "hijack" your Reason audio stream. Works like a charm and the response is realtime, unlike other tools like soundflower.
Old 2012-12-30, 16:43

When rewiring you limit Reason to the use of just one core .... so even your hexa-/octacore system will get in trouble with big cpu heavy projects.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:43

yeah exacly! i only have a Quad PC ! so ill stick to reason and that combinator patch ! im getting use to it already ! thank you all !
Old 2012-12-30, 17:49

You would think that with all of the slightly redundant RE's released lately someone would make a really cool looking Analyzer.
Old 2012-12-30, 22:36

Someone would most likely do this if the SDK would allow for direct graphic rendering to a buffer for visualisation. From what I've read here the SDK can only display different predefined bitmaps and there is an individual bitmap for each position of a knob or each state of a LED.
So right now only a coarse spectrum analyser would be possible... oh wonder, we already got one of those in the BV512.

p.s.: Also you can just use Friture listening on your stereomix from your sondcard.