Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-30, 15:45

extension racks in 6.5

Does 6.5 COME with extension racks or do you have to buy them? Thanks!
Old 2012-12-30, 16:04

You have to purchase them. I think there is a free one out there. All the others have price tags from $9 to $150+.
Old 2012-12-31, 00:23

Well technically Reason actually has several REs standard (we just didn't know at the time): The Echo, Alligator are definitely built in the RE SDK and I think Pulverser and possibly Neptune.

The sneaky Props were using us all as beta testers to their platform. Forgiven of course as no one seems to be having 3rd party RE irregularities.

But yes, RE is a platform (like VST) that you can use to add new units to your workspace. The standard units that ship are so capable (in part with CV & Combis) that you have little need to HAVE to purchase anything else.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2012-12-31, 01:13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
Well technically Reason actually has several REs standard (we just didn't know at the time): The Echo, Alligator are definitely built in the RE SDK and I think Pulverser and possibly Neptune.
Echo, Alligator and Pulveriser = All are RE's
Neptune = Not a RE.

Peace
Old 2012-12-31, 01:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiGenetik View Post
Echo, Alligator and Pulveriser = All are RE's
Neptune = Not a RE.
I agree with this - as it's what Props revealed when they announced RE - but I think they're more of a hybrid than a full/true RE

They were built using the RE technology but released before the shop came out.

Since we didn't have any separate license issues, they also appear to be part of the Reason license as opposed to being under the RE license.

They aren't listed under under your account : rack extensions.

If you sell Reason 6, I'll bet those three "RE" will transfer.

They aren't in the shop, so they don't appear to be devices that can be updated independent of a release of the base program.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-12-31, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
They aren't in the shop, so they don't appear to be devices that can be updated independent of a release of the base program.
Perhaps that's the idea behind? To offer updates for single devices without the need of updating the whole software??
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-12-31, 02:34

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
I agree with this - as it's what Props revealed when they announced RE - but I think they're more of a hybrid than a full/true RE
Yip, there is obviously some flexibility built in to them so they can get around the shop stuff.

My understanding is that in all other aspects though they are fully fledged RE's, and were designed this way to give a year long public beta to the format. Now THAT is dedication to making sure your product works!
Old 2012-12-31, 01:25

We don't know if they were ever updated to the current RE API so they could still be 'pre REs' ;-)
Old 2012-12-31, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgoodness View Post
all the others have price tags from $9 to $150+.
$9 to $199