Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-03, 03:16

Just bought Reason....Can't Authorize?

I just bought Reason essentials today. I installed the program then inserted my ignition key and ran Authorizer. It says the server is connected and the ignition key is present, so I click "Launch Browser."

It takes me to a page to enter a License Number & Registration code. I have two codes that came with the software and are present in the dvd case, but do not fit in the fields for the license number and registration code.

After seeing that not working, I decided to look under "Ignition Key Info" it says "There are no licenses registered on this Ignition Key."

Am I completely missing something on how to install this software or is there something wrong with what I have purchased?
Old 2013-01-03, 03:54

Hey, welcome to the forums

Well the license number should be in a 6, then 4, then 6 digit format if it's like the full version, the registration code is one I don't remember. Pretty sure you don't enter spaces or dashes when putting in the numbers. Really should fit straight away.
Well, looking this comment over I think I can say it probably wasn't much help, but maybe it was spaces getting you
Old 2013-01-03, 04:06

Thank you for the response!

My License "number" is just 3 words that are most likely not the actual key for the software. Looks like this: xxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

Same for the registration code, it is just 4 words, also not likely the actual code I need. looks like this: xxxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx
Old 2013-01-03, 04:51

try the "your account" link at the top of this page
on that page, select 'register new product'

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-03, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaddock56 View Post
Thank you for the response!

My License "number" is just 3 words that are most likely not the actual key for the software. Looks like this: xxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

Same for the registration code, it is just 4 words, also not likely the actual code I need. looks like this: xxxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx
Wait, they aren't actual numbers? Yeah that can't be right. I haven't seen any #'s that haven't been in the "RSNxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx" format where the x's are actual numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
try the "your account" link at the top of this page
on that page, select 'register new product'
This is likely your best bet. No idea what's going on with those #'s though.
Old 2013-01-03, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
Wait, they aren't actual numbers? Yeah that can't be right. I haven't seen any #'s that haven't been in the "RSNxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx" format where the x's are actual numbers
The register new product fields online match the pattern posted by OP.

My Record for Reason license begins REC and the rest are numbers in the pattern you posted. The registration code is not 'words' but it is mostly letters.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano