Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-03, 18:18

QSS 2 - guitar, guitar, guitar

My second track using Reason Essentials and Balance:

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by SingleEspresso; 2013-01-03 at 19:17.
Old 2013-01-03, 21:15

Very cool track.

Can you tell me some secrets about the guitar sound. How is it so low but still good audible in your mix? I'm looking for the technique, how to make a guitar sound that it's not in your face but still good to hear. Can you help?
Old 2013-01-04, 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullpoti View Post
Very cool track.

Can you tell me some secrets about the guitar sound. How is it so low but still good audible in your mix? I'm looking for the technique, how to make a guitar sound that it's not in your face but still good to hear. Can you help?
Thanks! There are no secrects to my guitar sound really. I try to find a sound that doesn't clash with the other things in the mix. That often means cutting out some of the lows and cranking up the mids and highs a bit. Typically a guitar part that cut through a dense mix is rather ugly sounding on its own, that's probably why so many guitar players use tubescreamers, although everybody loves to hate them.