Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-11, 03:40

how to use Line 6 POD farm 2 sounds in Reason

Aloha all you Propellerheads!

I am sure this has been asked and answered before but I can't find it anywhere..

I want to know if I can record the same sounds as I get when running one of my instruments via the Line 6 UX1 interface via POD Farm 2 e.g. the amp settings and the pedals into Reason 6?

How can I do this exactly?

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Peace and love
Robsundrob
Old 2013-01-11, 03:50

i think you just save the patch in pod farm that you created then open a line 6 amp in reason then browse for the patch and open it, i dont own pod farm but im pretty sure thats how you do it hope that helped
Old 2013-01-11, 03:52

You'd set the UX1 as your sound device in Reason (under Audio). Plug headphones or speakers into the UX1 as well as plug your guitar into it. On the audio track in reason that you're recording to, put a Line6 guitar amp as an insert and monitor through Reason. If you hear unprocessed guitar you're moniotring direct off the UX1. You probably don't want that.

The nice thing is, since you have a license for more models in the UX1, those should also show up in Reason's version of the amp.

Good luck
Old 2013-01-11, 12:00
Propellerhead

As rushdown said, the Line 6 Amp device in Reason will open full POD Farm / Gear Box patches.

It will not open "dual tone" patches, that have two separate chains. You can use the two tones from a dual tone patch by first opening it in POD Farm, then "Remove Tone A" or "Remove Tone B," saving two single tone patches which will open in Reason. Then you have to replicate the routing using a splitter and mixer or other method.

The best way to use an amp device in Reason is as an insert effect in a Audio Track device:

1. Create Audio Track
2. Show insert FX
3. Right click the shown devices area -> Studio FX -> Line 6 Guitar Amp

Reason will automatically route it as an insert effect for the audio track.
You may have to alter the routing for mono -> stereo routing, etc.
Old 2013-01-18, 19:18

thank you all very much!
Old 2013-01-11, 14:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRW5EID9x6w

This may be of some help
Cam
Old 2013-01-18, 19:16

Thank you everyone for your answers and help with this! you guys are amazing! I can now finally use an incredible amount of sounds thanks to you! Rock on hombres! All the best for your future!