Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-14, 02:08

selling reason5 / record 1.5... doable?

are these versions worth anything anymore? can these be purchased from me, and then be able to upgrade to Reason 6.5?

i am not in a position to make music anymore... and i am in dire need of making some quick cash.

any help is appreciated!
Old 2013-01-14, 02:16

Yes, they can be sold and there is a market.
Yes, the buyer can upgrade them to R6.5

If you purchased them separately as full versions - you can sell them separately and the buyers can upgrade.

But if you purchased record for reason owners or purchased them as duo or if you upgraded an older version of reason, the licenses are tied together and you can only sell one.

It might be worth contacting props support if you are unclear if your licenses are tied together or separate.

Here's the info on buying/selling used reason - i suggest you read both, so you know what you have to do on your end, and so you know what buyers are told to look for: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...ion=buyandsell

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-14, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Yes, they can be sold and there is a market.
Yes, the buyer can upgrade them to R6.5

If you purchased them separately as full versions - you can sell them separately and the buyers can upgrade.

But if you purchased record for reason owners or purchased them as duo or if you upgraded an older version of reason, the licenses are tied together and you can only sell one.

It might be worth contacting props support if you are unclear if your licenses are tied together or separate.

Here's the info on buying/selling used reason - i suggest you read both, so you know what you have to do on your end, and so you know what buyers are told to look for: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...ion=buyandsell
my man. thanks for the quick reply! very much appreciated.

i will def use the support here to get it figured. im quite certain i purchased record 1.5 for reason 5 owners. i still have the box for both i believe. anyway these can be transferred electronically correct? and then i would mail the actual disks and ignition key to the new owner?

oh and one more question... what kind of pricing are we looking at or where can i find the market value?

thanks again! it pains me to sell it even though i havent been using it. i really do love the power of reason. when i get more time and money on my hands i will re-invest and get back after it.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer411 View Post
im quite certain i purchased record 1.5 for reason 5 owners. i still have the box for both i believe. anyway these can be transferred electronically correct? and then i would mail the actual disks and ignition key to the new owner?

oh and one more question... what kind of pricing are we looking at or where can i find the market value?
If you bought Record for Reason, then you have one base license, Reason, and Record is tied to it (added on) - so they have to be sold together as one.

You can (must) transfer electronically, and then yes, mail the box and ignition key.

You must first de-authorize the licenses from your key - i think you can do that yourself under your-account, manage license. then check the ignition key link to make sure it holds no licenses -- if you have trouble with that, ask props support to do it for you.

i'm not sure about pricing - i'd check completed sales on eBay - also it's quite common for people to post in the general forum to sell a license.

m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-14, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
i'm not sure about pricing - i'd check completed sales on eBay - also it's quite common for people to post in the general forum to sell a license.
gotcha... all over it. ill check ebay and use the search function here.

thanks again! your timely replies are a life saver.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:20

I should have added, check amazon for the cost of R6/6.5 new and also for the cost of the upgrade (new) from a previous version.

On Props site, R6/6.5 is $449 and the upgrade from previous versions is $169, it's a little less on Amazon.

You'll have to offer your license at a price where adding $169 will still result in the buyer getting a deal over purchasing R6/6.5 new.

Old 2013-01-14, 03:23

sent you a pm...
Old 2013-01-14, 03:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer411 View Post
i am not in a position to make music anymore... and i am in dire need of making some quick cash.
Sorry to hear that. I hope whatever is going on gets worked out quickly.