Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-14, 03:09

Question Anyone have a rack / method for a 'wah-wah' effect for Reason?

I love that 'wah-wah' f/x especially on basslines, but have not been able to create a decent one so far myself.

anyone have one already or method?

thanks in advance
Old 2013-01-14, 03:36

Envelope following? I made a good one. Go to my free combis page. There are also combis like it in the soundbank and Pulveriser has the function built in, though I don't like its sound.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:02

line 6 guitar amp with no amp and no cabinet set acts as a wah or volume pedal.
use an lfo to automate via the cv connection on back if you desire
Old 2013-01-15, 04:02

Use the Line Bass Rack. Theres an effect preset to reproduce that, then, all you have to do is automate the wah wah knob for the effect. Either 'edit override' it to your sustain pedal or manual tweak the knob. The choice is yours. It works a charm. ^_^

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2013-01-16, 17:06

Check this videos out from Line 6: How to Make Talk Box and Auto-Wah Effects Propellerhead Record + Reason (Works the same for Reason 6)

Youtube
Old 2013-01-19, 20:53

Good stuff my man!

Hey, right on Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhyo View Post
Check this videos out from Line 6: How to Make Talk Box and Auto-Wah Effects Propellerhead Record + Reason (Works the same for Reason 6)

Old 2013-01-26, 17:08

Here's my customizable wah wah pedal setup, using the Envelope Controlled Filter. The Pulverizer and two Equalizers are to simulate the Trident A-Range EQ that I use, heavily boosting the 3 KHz range for electric guitar. Slight variations in the settings on everything produce a wide range of wah wah pedals. One of the most important is the Min and Max setting on the Combinator Rotary 1, targeted for Frequency on the ECF. 63 to 91 gives a wide guitarish range. I'm sure it would be different for bass or synth. I have the Rotary 1 knob mapped to my expression pedal on my Akai MPK88. Have fun, this is like having a very expensive tweakable wah pedal.

Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:45

And FWIW, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Cry Baby modeled Combinator in the FSB called "Don't Cry, Baby". The Cry Baby is more than just a simple band pass filter, as it changes the Q as it sweeps the frequency, and it also adds a bit of "color" along the way. Without adding these important touches, it sounded just like another filter sweep to me! :-)
USA
Old 2013-01-29, 10:54

Wah Wah

Not quite what you're asking but I've recently been using the master eq to get a really nice across the mix phaser/wah effect. At the point you want it to come in, simply spike a frequency (gain) using a medium Q and then shift manually from right to left using the frequency knob. You can record the automation and tidy it if after if you want it snyc'ed otherwise it offers the possibilities of getting some nice intutive Wot Wot phasing rhythms going. It sounds nice on my whole mix in a section and you could of course do the same thing on an eq insert on one instrument.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:50

Nah, that one sucks.