Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-17, 18:29

Angry RE: Loop Loft Spam

I bought a set of loops from Loop Loft a few months ago and now regularly get spam from them, in spite of unsubscribing several times. I wrote them as well, but zero response and the spam keeps coming.

If you order anything from Loop Loft, be sure to use a throw away email address unless you like spam.
Old 2013-01-17, 18:53

Can't you apply rules?
Old 2013-01-17, 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Can't you apply rules?
+1. My mail has a "Mark as Spam" option and automatically filters anything coming in from that sender. Can you not do the same?
Must admit I've bought some great stuff from Loop Loft and have been lucky so far, only had a few sales pitched emails from them, my delete option hasn't had too much work.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:49

I believe the The Loop Loft to be run by good, honest people. The problem could be a simple mistake. I bet that before they send out a mailing they import their entire customer history into their mass email service. A few mass mail systems will ignore any imported addresses that were previously unsubscribed, but most of them do not. Most will just import everything and add it to the list again, behaving as if the person must have resubscribed. I have accidentally done this myself in the past, and it took me a while to find a system where I don't need to worry about this kind of thing.

Price tweaking and having sales are an important part of finding the right price for your customers and your business, especially when your business is low dollar items like ReFills. A couple bucks in either direction is pretty harmless. They make good stuff and sell it at a fair price. Not affiliated with them, just my 2 cents.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDerGraf View Post
I bought a set of loops from Loop Loft a few months ago and now regularly get spam from them, in spite of unsubscribing several times. I wrote them as well, but zero response and the spam keeps coming.

If you order anything from Loop Loft, be sure to use a throw away email address unless you like spam.
Yabb, I don´t like that too and unsubscribed more then one time but receive again and again their mails.

I don´t like their pricepolitic. One day they give you 40% and another day 35% and some days later the price is high again and so on. It changes very fast. Whats that? I´ll never buy again by them (and I bought many refills before). because I never know, what is the real pricing and when will they change that. I think, they have to fix their price to between 19 (what today cost 39) and 25 EUR (what today costs 49) and then it´s ok. They maybe can do some bundleprices too but to change the prices as often they do is sh..

And the spam is sh.. too. So looploft is a absolutly "no go" for me ... ...
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2013-01-17, 20:17

I have mentioned this before and it's a shame. They do have really good ReFills but they are making themselves look cheap with these practises..
Old 2013-01-17, 22:52

I have unsubscribed from the Loop Loft and stopped receiving emails from them...then re-subscribed. I just bought the Art of Brushes vol 1 and 2 refill with a 40% discount which I got for being on their mailing list so I'm pretty happy. I'm surprised they haven't replied to your emails as I've had good correspondence with them in the past. Did you go through their website to contact them? Hope you get it sorted in any case.

Last edited by MrFigg; 2013-01-17 at 23:15.