Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-18, 17:26

Reasons to switch to Reason 6 from Live

Hi all,

I've heard good things about Reason and I ever only use VSTs on Ableton Live.. so why should I switch to Reason 6? I mostly create ambient music..

Thanks for the help!
Old 2013-01-18, 17:31

I see you have an icon...did you make the switch that fast?

I'd say the only reason is your own personal decision....one depending on your own workflow and sound.
Old 2013-01-18, 17:34

lol

well in Live I solely work in Arrangement view, I like to work in a Linear fashion.

My only concern is the Reason interface and hooking everything together.. if you could point me in the right direction of where to learn to route everything and navigate Reason that would be great
Old 2013-01-18, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by halisray View Post
lol

well in Live I solely work in Arrangement view, I like to work in a Linear fashion.

My only concern is the Reason interface and hooking everything together.. if you could point me in the right direction of where to learn to route everything and navigate Reason that would be great
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29263D87CD4601CD

Get acquainted with the manual too.
Old 2013-01-18, 17:58

thanks so much! is it true that each track has a "reason sound" or is that BS?
Old 2013-01-18, 18:04

Nobody could explain me what the alleged Reason sound should be. So I think it's a fairy tale .
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-01-18, 18:05

Quote:
thanks so much! is it true that each track has a "reason sound" or is that BS?
Yes BS. Take your time to learn Reason and production and you will be fine.

Also you don't have to abandon Live either. Live implementation of Rewire is the best I have seen. Best of luck to you.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:09

Reason or Live

Quote:
Hi all,

I've heard good things about Reason and I ever only use VSTs on Ableton Live.. so why should I switch to Reason 6? I mostly create ambient music..

Thanks for the help!
He,he justmy ticket

I use Reason and Live via rewire ,works great together,I too produce ambient,as a hobby,nothing serious
My advice is as mentioned learn Reason a bit at a time
With me I use Reason and Live,I like the idea of rewire ,there is a lot of stuff I like in Reason,but also in Live (even more new stuff in the upcoming Live 9)
Combined with a load of refills I got for Reason and Live packs!! Awesome
The end of the day,the choice of DAW is yours and your workflow