Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-22, 21:33

Unhappy Balance and MPK49...

Pardon my ignorance but I'm moving from Presonus FP10 to Balance and am not sure how to connect my MPK49 in absence of any MIDI interface. Please help!
Old 2013-01-22, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdry View Post
Pardon my ignorance but I'm moving from Presonus FP10 to Balance and am not sure how to connect my MPK49 in absence of any MIDI interface. Please help!
You'll need to buy a separate MIDI interface, I'm afraid. For what it's worth, the EMU XMIDI 1X1 is very cheap and very reliable.

*EDIT: wait, the MPK49 is a USB midi controller... you don't need a separate interface.
Old 2013-01-23, 14:00

Hi super dry. All I did was connect my Mpk49 to my computer via usb and installed the drivers on the disks that come with it. I'm not at my home computer but after that I went to Edit > Preferences > and I think its the 3rd tab over where you select a controller or interface of some sort. Search for the Akai Mpk49. That's all I did and everything seems for work just fine. No need to buy anything new. Hope this helps.