Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-23, 19:35

M audio oxygen 88 giving me trouble

I don't know if it's Reason, a driver issue, or if it's the keyboard itself. But I bought an Oxygen 88 about a month ago and have loved it for the most part (as a pianist, the action fits my needs). But unfortunately, I have to turn it on/off a dozen times every now and then to get Reason to recognize it. I guess recognize isn't the right word because it does show up in the devices with the green check mark and the appropriate midi in/out is selected. Has anyone had any similar experiences with M Audio's stuff or the Oxygen 88 specifically?
Old 2013-01-23, 20:03

So it shows up in the preferences with a green checkmark, and yet you plink on it and no sound?

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-23, 20:20

Yup. Like, it just took me 10 minutes to get it to actually perform in Reason. The knobs would register but the keys wouldn't. I kept unplugging it, turning it on and off, auto-detecting control surfaces until it finally let me play something. Now it's working fine. But it'll do it again eventually.
Old 2013-01-23, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcvaugha View Post
Yup. Like, it just took me 10 minutes to get it to actually perform in Reason. The knobs would register but the keys wouldn't. I kept unplugging it, turning it on and off, auto-detecting control surfaces until it finally let me play something. Now it's working fine. But it'll do it again eventually.
So you turn the knobs and corresponding knobs on a Reason instrument turn, and yet no sound?

Ye Olde FishCAM
Old 2013-01-23, 20:27

try doing a reset by holding down the data + and - keys while turning it on.

also try different USB ports. my m-audio axiom only works properly in one of my four ports.

it also wouldn't hurt to re-install the drivers.

close reason
unplug oxygen88
uninstall drivers
reboot
install drivers (download current ones just to be sure)
plug in oxygen88
let it autodetect - wait for ready to use message
start reason

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano