Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-28, 16:14
jupitercrayons

Digi 002 Rack

I just found this article suggesting that Reason will work with my Digi 002 rack if I update to the Digidesign Core Audio Driver 6.1.2:

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...icle&ArtID=185

Has anyone successfully accomplished direct compatibility between the Digi 002 and Reason? I'm hoping I can ditch Pro Tools and just use the built in recording ability Reason has now absorbed from the Record software. I'm contemplating buying the newest version, or I would just be trying this instead of asking if it works.

It says it can be played back through the audio interface. Can it also effectively be used as an audio input for recording and MIDI interface for my hardware synths, if for no other reason than a tight tempo sync?

I'm currently on Windows 8, if that means anything to you.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2013-01-28, 19:49

I cannot guarantee anything, since I don't have the 002, but it should work. The best is to download the demo (it is the full version) and see for yourself. Also, before you decide to ditch RT altogether, you should know that Reason does not support MIDI-out. It can reeive MIDI but cannot send it.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:45
jupitercrayons

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just found the demo download and will give it a go.

Have you ever tried making Reason a slave to a hardware synth or drum machine for tempo syncing?
Old 2013-01-28, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitercrayons View Post
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just found the demo download and will give it a go.

Have you ever tried making Reason a slave to a hardware synth or drum machine for tempo syncing?
Yep, just to see how it works. But I usually slave Reason and the hardware to another DAW, that's why I think your PT might come in handy later depending on what you are doing.
Old 2013-02-22, 04:55

Reason has never worked with digi 002 rack for me

I have never had reason work with digi 002 rack

I have the black lion audio signature series mod digidesign 002 rack mount audio interface. I love it.

but, it wont work with reason as an audio interface. Im trying to get the midi in to work with reason right now but we'll see.