Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-01-31, 00:08

This is Dubstep! Really?

So, this track is almost finished. I think something is missing... But I'm totally stuck! Opleaseopleseoplease, some advice would be helpful.

It is (behold) a remix! Once a Rock Ballad on ccmixter.org, now a Dupstepish track with some D'n'B Elements. Give it a try and tear it apart.

Loading SoundCloud…

Thanks
.j
Old 2013-01-31, 00:27

Thumbs up

I don't know, I just love the track!
Old 2013-01-31, 02:52

I would add some sparkling winding bubbling synth melody like dudeldidel dudeldidel over some parts. Maybe something arpeggiated. Otherwise a pretty good production.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:09

Cool prercussion at the beginning. Nice sounds all over the beginning. Love the female vocals.
Lot of variety and some cool sound manipulations. Well, the synthbass is nice but I'd change it to an alternative one and see if it works better. I don't know why, but it takes too much attention away from other sounds. Just my thoughts, but still, nice one!
Old 2013-01-31, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirnikas View Post
Cool prercussion at the beginning. Nice sounds all over the beginning. Love the female vocals.
Lot of variety and some cool sound manipulations. Well, the synthbass is nice but I'd change it to an alternative one and see if it works better. I don't know why, but it takes too much attention away from other sounds. Just my thoughts, but still, nice one!
I half agree with Pirnkikas, I like the bass used but it's slightly over present. If you just brought the volume down slightly it'd probably sit better.

The other thing that I'd recommend changing slightly is the main snare; it could do with being layered with a more high frequency snare to give it a touch more punch.

All that said I really like it overall and the dnb section is really tight.

Good work

SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:30

I like the idea with that dudeldidel. Although I tend more to dudeldadel... Yeah a melody. Tried it in the beginning, but that track ist stacked and packed, too much happening at the same time.
I might try lowering the Volume of the bass. Might give room for dudeldidel. That snarething is difficult. There are already several layered and equed sounds. Tweaking that is difficult. But it sounds reasonable.

I like the dnb section myself. In one of the first Version, it lasted till the End, but that was too much. Used a Loop with manual chops and used buffre in master section. Was fun, but handling buffre is not easy. Had to re-edit a lot...
But: Thank you all for the input. Might take some days to finish the altered version - we will see (and hear)

cheers
.j
Old 2013-02-02, 14:37

I dig it. Listening to it ambiently mostly since I was talking to numerous people and writing an email, but I enjoyed it. Nice sound.