Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-31, 21:05

Lightbulb Hip-Hop Remix of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

Hey everyone,
So I haven't posted here much, but I would love some feedback on some of my newest material! I recently made a beat using samples from 'I Knew You Were Trouble' (I know, doesn't sound right, but I think it turned out really well!)
My buddy has been rapping as well, and we recorded lyrics, but alas it was almost 5am so they turned out... sub par. Anyways, here's a link to the track, and a link to my soundcloud page where you can find my other tracks as well! We recently recorded over DJ Carnage's 'Big Spender', which turned out really well. Please feel free to comment or just listen, and I am always open to hearing other peoples new stuff to so fee free to post!

Here's the link to the instrumental, I titled it Trouble Maker.
http://soundcloud.com/max_d_beats/tr...r-instrumental

And here is a link to all of my tracks, please enjoy/share/comment!
http://soundcloud.com/max_d_beats

Thanks guys, jam on!
Max

P.S. How do I embed soundcloud links? I get the box saying loading soundcloud, but it never shows a track. Thanks again!
Old 2013-01-31, 21:16

Also sorry about the low volume, I have yet to touch anything in terms of mastering. If anyone knows of any good mastering tutorials online or knows any tip or tricks that they can share on creating a good mix (how to pan, compress properly, etc) I would love to learn, that's by far the biggest struggle I'm having at the moment (Along with our mic, a Behringer C-1U that really doesn't seem to get along well with Reason 6.5, suggestions? It works well for about 20 seconds of recording, and then becomes horribly delayed and distorted.. :/ )
Old 2013-02-01, 07:32

I wasn't expecting vocals as it says "instrumental"
But yeah - I like this tune. Maybe adding some more elements to support the piano chrods would be nice.
The "No Doupt - Settle Down" - Sounds really Pro - nice sounds and mixing.
It seems you have lot of listeners. Keep it up!
Old 2013-02-01, 19:56

pirnikas- I think you may have been looking at my favorited tracks rather than my own, but I appreciate the kind words regardless!