Propellerhead Software
  #1  
Old 2013-02-02, 22:12
Mate Mate is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,326
The Voice Of Reason [Drum & Bass]

Hi guys, I'm on fire I suppose, please give it a shot, sick track I ever made I think!

Can't stop the replay!

Loading SoundCloud…
  #2  
Old 2013-02-03, 00:14
luegenbold's Avatar
luegenbold luegenbold is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
Well, nice track, but: After a good start, its getting a bit repetitive and kinda boring. In the End, the drums are not loud enough and the bass ist missing low End.
Add a subbass, some more punch to the drums and some heavier breaks, giving your track more dynamics....
keep on

.j
  #3  
Old 2013-02-03, 02:39
AnthonyMichaelAngelo's Avatar
AnthonyMichaelAngelo AnthonyMichaelAngelo is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 348
I'm all for DnB. A powerful vocal sample as such might want to deliver the hard DnB or Jump Up vibe. Bring the BIG GUN SOUND!
  #4  
Old 2013-02-03, 05:36
rVOLT's Avatar
rVOLT rVOLT is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 666
This is just kinda boring for me. Fiyaaaaaaa
__________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/rvolt
  #5  
Old 2013-02-03, 08:26
deepndark's Avatar
deepndark deepndark is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,889
I don't agree with rvolt - this isn't boring - it's a cool tune - the bassline and synths are interesting and you've done great work with the vocals.
  #6  
Old 2013-02-03, 12:51
Mate Mate is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by luegenbold View Post
Well, nice track, but: After a good start, its getting a bit repetitive and kinda boring. In the End, the drums are not loud enough and the bass ist missing low End.
Add a subbass, some more punch to the drums and some heavier breaks, giving your track more dynamics....
keep on

.j
Thanks, yeah I concur, mixing is kinda bad, but come on, repetitive, a lot of D&B even more repetitive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMichaelAngelo View Post
I'm all for DnB. A powerful vocal sample as such might want to deliver the hard DnB or Jump Up vibe. Bring the BIG GUN SOUND!
In the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirnikas View Post
I don't agree with rvolt - this isn't boring - it's a cool tune - the bassline and synths are interesting and you've done great work with the vocals.
Thanks a lot Heikki, I'm very glad that you like it!
  #7  
Old 2013-02-03, 14:26
dub08's Avatar
dub08 dub08 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,829
The title seems familiar....
__________________
www.008refills.com 15 FREE Reason ReFills in the -008' Newsletter
  #8  
Old 2013-02-03, 15:58
luegenbold's Avatar
luegenbold luegenbold is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Thanks, yeah I concur, mixing is kinda bad, but come on, repetitive, a lot of D&B even more repetitive!
Agreed, but a track is not good because others are worse! And regarding repetetive; I'm just talking about small breaks and fills to liven it up. Chop it up here and then, repeat the snare, just light alterations.
just saying ;-)
.j
  #9  
Old 2013-02-05, 11:05
billymcbride's Avatar
billymcbride billymcbride is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 752
I like how you changed things within the song itself as time passes. Cool sounds and mix.
__________________
You might like this:

  #10  
Old 2013-02-05, 14:00
Mate Mate is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymcbride View Post
I like how you changed things within the song itself as time passes. Cool sounds and mix.
Thank you Billy, yeah it was the idea like smooth & slow avalanche!
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why did i buy record?????!!!!!*$ Mathmatech General Forum (read only) 131 2013-01-14 17:02
?'s about exporting tracks out of RSN and into another app. DSUB Phead User Forum (read only) 8 2011-02-21 03:42
Reason rewired to SonarHomeStudio (6) xartrax Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2008-09-27 18:08
Reason 3.0, ProTools 6.7 on a PC with Alesis Keyboard jiagap Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2005-08-19 22:08


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:25.