Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-03, 15:54

Thumbs down #1 Secret to positive feedback on your music....

It really doesn't matter if your music is good or bad...

When it comes to getting your music critiqued by this forum there is a general trend. If you kiss butt to all the regulars and like all their stuff first, they will automatically like your work in return and leave positive comments even if your work is garbage. Its that simple. Its a social thing around here.

There are no quality standards here to be critiqued by. If it remotely sounds like the genre you're aiming for then, OMG ITS AMAZING. Wobble wobble. That makes it dubstep right ? Anything that wobbles is dubstep... lol And if you can't pull it off, call it "something else step" lol.

I'm not disgruntled about any feedback I've recieved or anything, but just amazed by the BS people puff each other up with around here.

Anyone wanna collaborate with my refrigerator ? lmao

Smells like.... opinions around here HAHA
Old 2013-02-03, 16:12

Thumbs down

Not feeling the love?

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
Old 2013-02-03, 17:02

The real secret here is... ALL music is bad to someone and, good to someone else.

& neither of those two people care what the other thinks is good or bad.

Old 2013-02-03, 17:10

I don't share your opinion

I got positive feedback on my music on this forum when i was a very recent user.
I didn't kiss anybody ass, i 'm too old to do it

Of course, friendship is frienship, but i think this forum is honest and friendly.

Best
Michel
Old 2013-02-03, 17:52
Banned

If I don't like some music I just won't post any comments, if I like it I'll post some comments, can simply say comments like this: I like it, cool track - that's it! But I like to write more interesting comments, though it's not always simple, coz if you like some piece, it's very hard to describe by any comments except: Damn, I love it, awesome track - coz music hard to describe, mostly unreal!
Old 2013-02-03, 18:01

Critics are always welcome but if your comment goes like: "This is boring" and nothing else is said then it makes you luck like a D*I*C*K.
Old 2013-02-03, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvolt View Post
... I'm not disgruntled ... just amazed by the BS people puff each other up with around here...

.................................................. .Awesome!!”

.................................................. .................Nice job!”

.................................................. ...................................Cool BEATZ!”

Hey, that's just an honest part of constructive criticism (I think). I always strive to learn from those kind of comments (I think). I get plenty of them around here (I know).

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2013-02-03 at 17:57.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:15

I think there is just a tiny bit of truth to what you say, but you've done some serious exaggerating. I've only been here since last summer but what I've noticed so far is people are generally positive, or they won't say anything at all. I'll post a new song in the forum, and I'll see 30 people read the thread, and only 5 commented, usually with positive words. That means that potentially 25 people thought it was crap, but didn't feel the need to spread a negative vibe.

If you post your first few songs on here and everyone says "sounds amateur" or "this sucks, you should try a new hobby," how will that help the person continue? Constructive criticism is indeed best, and I've received a lot, which is great, but that also can be seen as opinion.

As far as the sucking up part, I don't agree. I try to take time to listen to other peoples' work, and if I like, I'll say something positive. If I don't, I move on. There's nothing more inspiring than a few positive remarks to get me to my next song.

My best friend has told me for years my voice sucks. I come here and I have people telling me wonderful things about it and it has helped me feel better about myself and be more inspired to write more music.

I think you're making this a bit more of a political/drama scenario than it is.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:20

Rvolts avatar, comments and attitude tells me that this person ain't a nice guy - and that's what he wants us to think.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:33

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternating.bit View Post
I think there is just a tiny bit of truth to what you say, but you've done some serious exaggerating.
I think you're making this a bit more of a political/drama scenario than it is.
Drama queen, perhaps?

That aside; those other 25 not commenting could be down to any number of reasons including, perhaps, they either don't feel confident enough to make constructive suggestions so they don't post. That, in itself, could equally be due to not being experienced enough, not interested or knowing enough about the genre, time restrictions or, as you suggest, they just don't like it (not their thing) or they do actually think it crap (which could be down to genre as much as execution and/or production) but are considerate enough not to piss on someone else's parade.

I don't often comment, but if I do I try and make suggestions if I feel I can. I'm not going to massage anyone's ego for the sake of it, neither would I expect anyone to blow smoke up my ass if I posted anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirnikas View Post
Rvolts avatar, comments and attitude tells me that this person ain't a nice guy - and that's what he wants us to think.
Posting history (and general demeanour/attitude) wouldn't necessarily fly in the face of that theory.
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC