Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-10, 08:49

Dj software

It may have already been mentioned but some kind of integrated DJing software would be really awesome.

Sort of a stand alone propellerhead DJ program that odviously is controlled through USB/midi and can also be synced up with the tracks your working on as well.

This would be great for live as well as bedroom playing.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:36

I'm not a DJ and I find this idea awesome. Bump.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:55

An update to the blocks feature would work well for this I think, I've said it in the past but what blocks really needs is the ability to be triggered and have quantize settings and also the ability to be stacked/layered.
An update to blocks would get more people using it and expand the possibilities for people that use reason live.
I think rather than introduce something completely new, why not adapt something we already have. Propellerhead could even introduce their own controller for live performance allowing not only the control of updated blocks but maybe also an X/Y pad for filters and effects, ports for pedals and additional usb ports. It could be the ultimate live performance controller for reason.
Why not team up with nektar for it as well? I know they have controllers coming out already but they seem more studio based and have not had propellerhead input.
Or just update blocks and I'll get a midifighter
Old 2013-02-10, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
An update to the blocks feature would work well for this I think, I've said it in the past but what blocks really needs is the ability to be triggered and have quantize settings and also the ability to be stacked/layered.
An update to blocks would get more people using it and expand the possibilities for people that use reason live.
I think rather than introduce something completely new, why not adapt something we already have. Propellerhead could even introduce their own controller for live performance allowing not only the control of updated blocks but maybe also an X/Y pad for filters and effects, ports for pedals and additional usb ports. It could be the ultimate live performance controller for reason.
Why not team up with nektar for it as well? I know they have controllers coming out already but they seem more studio based and have not had propellerhead input.
Or just update blocks and I'll get a midifighter

??????? ......................... heu'p no ! did you ever dj ? block cannot match bpm or fade well or do anything a real dj can do ! blocks are blocks they are not suppose to be for this , that would just be a fantasie feature but some virtual turn tables or something to match tracks qand fade them up would be great , also morfin can fade but them a bpm detector and a easy way of having multiple tracks on the sequencer that have different bpm's and still can be synch to fx would be a great thing !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-02-10, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
??????? ......................... heu'p no ! did you ever dj ? block cannot match bpm or fade well or do anything a real dj can do ! blocks are blocks they are not suppose to be for this , that would just be a fantasie feature but some virtual turn tables or something to match tracks qand fade them up would be great , also morfin can fade but them a bpm detector and a easy way of having multiple tracks on the sequencer that have different bpm's and still can be synch to fx would be a great thing !
Yes I did and there is plenty of software out there if you just want to DJ, tractor, serato, virtual Dj etc...
I really see no need for propellerhead to venture into that market. My suggestion was to make reason more suitable to live performance, which with an update could be achieved.
I think blocks would be a good way of going about this with the right update
-Ability to trigger blocks
-Ability to stack and layer blocks
-Quantise settings so that people can trigger without falling off the beat

If propellerhead were to launch a controller in line with this then yes fading could well be possible, an X/Y pad would be beautiful for all sorts of FX easily switchable with assignable macros. Could even have low/mids/highs knobs to completely cutoff or control the level of these frequency areas.
Think about it in blocks you can load audio, you could even use stems of a track put into separate blocks. You could use or record midi on the fly if you wanted to.

I think propellerhead should think beyond the virtual Dj realms and make something to suit all sorts of live users. People already use reason live and I'm sure they would love some enhancements. Oh and I'm sure that propellerhead could implement something like this if they wanted to.
This is just an idea that I think would be a worthwhile update - in the meantime I have ableton for any performance needs similar to this.
Old 2013-02-10, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
Yes I did and there is plenty of software out there if you just want to DJ, tractor, serato, virtual Dj etc...
I really see no need for propellerhead to venture into that market. My suggestion was to make reason more suitable to live performance, which with an update could be achieved.
I think blocks would be a good way of going about this with the right update
-Ability to trigger blocks
-Ability to stack and layer blocks
-Quantise settings so that people can trigger without falling off the beat

If propellerhead were to launch a controller in line with this then yes fading could well be possible, an X/Y pad would be beautiful for all sorts of FX easily switchable with assignable macros. Could even have low/mids/highs knobs to completely cutoff or control the level of these frequency areas.
Think about it in blocks you can load audio, you could even use stems of a track put into separate blocks. You could use or record midi on the fly if you wanted to.

I think propellerhead should think beyond the virtual Dj realms and make something to suit all sorts of live users. People already use reason live and I'm sure they would love some enhancements. Oh and I'm sure that propellerhead could implement something like this if they wanted to.
This is just an idea that I think would be a worthwhile update - in the meantime I have ableton for any performance needs similar to this.

explained that way I agree but I still think it would be cool to have a full dj set up thing like live or virtual dj but a reason styll way that would integrating RE's and stuff like that with different fx combinators and a possible difference of tracks rpm in the same sequencer project

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-02-10, 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
explained that way I agree but I still think it would be cool to have a full dj set up thing like live or virtual dj but a reason styll way that would integrating RE's and stuff like that with different fx combinators and a possible difference of tracks rpm in the same sequencer project
It would be pretty cool with a controller but the way propellerhead would implement it would be interesting I think, seen as they like to do everything differently from everyone else. Would probably have to be a separate piece of software to keep reason simple but still be able to load RE's
Old 2013-02-19, 20:40

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa View Post
It may have already been mentioned but some kind of integrated DJing software would be really awesome.

Sort of a stand alone propellerhead DJ program that odviously is controlled through USB/midi and can also be synced up with the tracks your working on as well.

This would be great for live as well as bedroom playing.
combine reason's midi clock sync with dedicated dj software like traktor.