Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-11, 08:17

Beautiful Reason guitar tones

Here's a short guitar piece using two of the combinator effects for guitar, "Amped Reverb Swells" and Tea In Sahara":

Loading SoundCloud…

I'm gonna try and get my singing buddy Amanda to sing this so I don't mess it up with my voice.
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-02-11, 08:36

Nice guitar sound! Lush and beautiful. I am especially fund of the effect Super Bloom Reverb, located in the Multi FX folder.
Two pointers though:
1 - Add another snare to get it more punchy. Sounded a bit washed out on my headset.
2 - Add your own voice. Give it a try, do not talk yourself down. I could not sing, but I practise, kept on practise, until I got some hang of hit. Not saying that I am Josh Groban or something.. but maybe one day I will be. The free videos on this site helped me alot: http://www.youtube.com/user/SingingSuccess
Old 2013-02-11, 12:40

Nice reverby guitar sounds, nice track too! Will def listen again if it gets vocals. Lead style reminds me a bit of Steve Rothery from Marillion (you'll probably not have heard of him or them )
Synth Rock
Old 2013-02-23, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincture View Post
Will def listen again if it gets vocals.
Thanks Zac, here's the song with some vocals. I have a singer scheduled to do it later.

Strangely, the instrumental version has 1000 plays on soundcloud in 2 weeks, whereas my other songs are lucky to get 100 plays in a year. Not sure why.

Loading SoundCloud…
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-02-24, 00:36

Nice John, I like the soothing grandiosity of this, though I agree with poster above that you should give that snare some more oommpphh. Also know exactly what you are saying about the number of plays you get. I think people like you and I do stuff that is just not mainstream enough, nor dance club stuff, which seems to be what a large number of people here are interested in. I finally put up my first new piece in a year,and wonder how long it will be before it hits a 100 listens, if ever. Regarding combinators, even though I have a X-3 Live and Behringer V-Amp 2, I built a Combinator specifically to run the guitar through, kind of like an X-3 in Reason with none of its limitations, including things like a Master Compressor, Chorus, Unison Phaser, Delays, etcetera. They are really handy things and I love their inherent flexibility to add anything at any time to further process the guitar.
Old 2013-02-25, 01:26

Really nice music. I can listen to this all day.
Old 2013-02-25, 01:43

I like that track. The guitar sound was awesome for the vibe. Variations on the drum grooves and it's superb.
Old 2013-02-25, 04:35

Wow those really are beautiful guitar tones. Looking forward to the full song.

Loading SoundCloud…