Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-17, 20:32

Thumbs up To All you RE developers!! this:

I understand that often it is the case that there are certain features to be added to an RE, or perhaps a bug or two or three to fix... Maybe some latency issue... But, I would also like to see upgrades in the actual coding of the devices from time to time! I'm not talking about like an Antidote 'Part Two' (a separate new RE)... I mean, maybe you could upgrade the actual DSP code of the instruments/device. A couple devices that I've been thinking of in this area (though I suppose we could always hope that ALL developers would heed this call): The ABL2 (could be grittier), The D.CAM EnvShaper (not sure how to say this, but it sounds like some ratios need tweaking), The iZotope Maximizer (could use more gradations for the peak limiting slider... Etc.

I know this might be asking you guys to dig back into things (code) that you could otherwise consider as 'locked', and YES, these devices can still be successfully implemented without further ado, but we DO live in the digital world of updates and so... MAYBE we could see some more in-depth processing code?

Just a thought! Hope you read this!
Keep on Truckin', Guys & Girls... i5 2.5 GHz Spring 2011 iMac with 4GB RAM & (My Rack Extensions): ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, AutoArp, RE-2A Leveling Amplifier, HM1 Headphone Monitor Correction, DCAM BusComp, DCAM EnvShaper, Etch Red Dual Filter, Morfin XF Crossfader, Mesher-4K - CV Knobs Mix Panel, Ozone Maximizer, Charlotte Envelope Generator, AMMO BR1200 Modulation Synthesizer, REQ131 31 Band EQ, Audio to CV, Neutron Particle Emitter, CV Tuner, Probability Drum Trigger, A-Series 1 Modular Synth, A-Series 2 Modular Synth, Buffre Beat Repeater, Spacre Blank Plate, PX7 FM Synthesizer, Audiomatic Retro Transformer, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Pulsar Dual LFO, Radical Keys, Radical Piano, Synchronous Effect Modulator, CV Suite Line Mixer, CV Suite Line Processor, CV Suite Parametrix, Stereo Splitter, Peak Programme Meter, RE 200 Bass Enhancer, RE 202 Exciter, PredatorRE Instrument, SubBoomBassRE Instrument, ReMark Rack Divider, Softube Saturation Knob, Synapse DC-2 Dual Chorus, Synapse Antidote Synthesizer, Randrome Audio and CV Randomized Gate, CMD:Equation Math Module, Truth Logic Gate, Now, Uhbik F, Uhbik G, Uhbik S, Renoun Reverb, Yoko Band-Splitter.

Please - Check out FREE Music!

http://www.standbyghost.org/

Peace!
Old 2013-02-17, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by standbyghost View Post
I understand that often it is the case that there are certain features to be added to an RE, or perhaps a bug or two or three to fix... Maybe some latency issue... But, I would also like to see upgrades in the actual coding of the devices from time to time! I'm not talking about like an Antidote 'Part Two' (a separate new RE)... I mean, maybe you could upgrade the actual DSP code of the instruments/device. A couple devices that I've been thinking of in this area (though I suppose we could always hope that ALL developers would heed this call): The ABL2 (could be grittier), The D.CAM EnvShaper (not sure how to say this, but it sounds like some ratios need tweaking), The iZotope Maximizer (could use more gradations for the peak limiting slider... Etc.

I know this might be asking you guys to dig back into things (code) that you could otherwise consider as 'locked', and YES, these devices can still be successfully implemented without further ado, but we DO live in the digital world of updates and so... MAYBE we could see some more in-depth processing code?

Just a thought! Hope you read this!
That's where Propellerhead stopped thinking when they came up with the Try-Buy system. Making major updates is unfair for people who just "tried" an older version and can't try the newer anymore, but have to just buy it.

My collection
Instruments: Synapse Antidote - PX7 FM Synthesizer - A-Series 1 Modular Synth - A-Series 2 Modular Synth - Polysix - WBL5515 - AutoArp (Why is this with Instruments though?)
Creative FX : Resampler - Itsy - Polar - Echobode - Buffre - Glitch Effect - Audiomatic* - Red Queen
Studio FX: Stereo Splitter - 4Dyne - Saturation Knob - ReQ131 - Uhbik A - Ozone Maximizer
Utilities: CV Suite Line Processor - Morfin XF Crossfader - Shelob - Pulsar - WBL3001 - Directre - Measure - RE 180 - ReMark - 4 Phase LFO - Scope Junior

Macbook Pro 17" Early 2011 / 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram / 128GB SSD / KRKKNS-8400 / M-Audio Radium '49 / Roland RD300GX / Jesus

Artist names: Vinn!e - Vincent - The Reverend - Mr. Jazzman
Old 2013-02-17, 23:09

Compatibility?
Old 2013-02-17, 23:17

Compatibility, yeah and... sound??!!

Some "classic" devices then-flaws are now-standards.. As well as some of their "limitations". So many people already cheered about the simplicity of the LA-2As two knobs, also professionals. Maybe somebody would be utterly sad because he used some zipper noise or something else that would be considered a "flaw" as a base for his sound
Old 2013-02-17, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
Compatibility, yeah and... sound??!!

Some "classic" devices then-flaws are now-standards.. As well as some of their "limitations". So many people already cheered about the simplicity of the LA-2As two knobs, also professionals. Maybe somebody would be utterly sad because he used some zipper noise or something else that would be considered a "flaw" as a base for his sound
I was just listening to an interview with a former Lexicon engineer (Michael Carnes) who said he recently built a test device with all of the "flaws" of the past hardware solutions and it was 4-5 times more CPU intensive! Going 'retro' isn't always the simplest solution. ;-)

Podcast here:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id501987225
USA
Old 2013-02-18, 00:09

There is a good interview with Rein Narma and a joke made regarding people "complaining" about the authenticity of such "retro" aspects of the device he would probably change using current modern technology. retro doesnt always mean better, smart people always appreciate the new I suppose.

If the change is for the sound to be better and experienced peoples are saying so it must be worth changing.

Seeing as you mentioned izotope. Some huge latency with there vst plugins, I dont mind using them in a wave editor but tracking they require a powerfull computer.