Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-22, 15:47

Upgrade from Essentials + Balance to Reason 6.5 FAILS *SOLVED*

Hi,

Spent about 1.5 hours in the forums searching for an answer, but found no real solution, so I hope someone can help me....

I bought the Reason Essentials + Balance package *and* the Reason 6.5 upgrade for Essentials + Balance, but I am stuck in upgrading to Reason 6.5.

The Essentials authorization worked as advertised, but when I choose the Reason 6.5 upgrade path for 'Reason Essentials + Balance owners' my webbrowser leads me to a webpage stating the following:

'Authorization failed (...) Sorry, but this part of our web site is closed to certain groups of registered users. If you have an account and can't get in, maybe some form of product registration is needed to get access (see right).'

What do I need to do the upgrade my Essentials + Balance to Reason 6.5? I have both packages bought new this afternoon, so I'm not really happy that I cannot choose to upgrade and thus have Reason 6.5.

Thanks for any help!
Erik.

Last edited by lfo4; 2013-02-24 at 10:18.
Old 2013-02-22, 15:51

What I do notice, is that I don't have the Reason Essentials icon at my username, but it is listed in my account as one of my products...?
Could it be that the website upgrade path cannot see that I have Reason Essentials as a product in my account, thus preventing the upgrade-webpage for Essentials+Balance -> Reason 6.5 to start?
Old 2013-02-22, 15:58

Sometimes there appears to be a delay between registering and the icon showing and without the icon the upgrade routine can't see the qualifying product. I'd contact support as they don't work weekends!
Old 2013-02-22, 16:04

Hi n0ahg,
I hoped you'd reply as I have seen you help a lot of people with authorization problems. Reading the forums I noticed being mentioned that users had no icons with their username. As I _did_ succeed in authorizing Essentials in my user account, but I don't see the icon at my name, I suspect this might be the cause of the webpage for the Essentials+Balance->6.5 upgrade path not starting...
I already filled in a form to support; I might send a second form about the icon not showing up!?
Thanks again; I just paid 500 euros for the bundle, so offering me any help is much appreciated! ;-)
Old 2013-02-22, 16:39

No problem, we'll help all we can here but there are some things that only props can fix.

Just to clarify there are two steps to getting up and running with your Reason license,

Registration = adding license key to your acount
Authorisation = writing your license key to your ignition key OR logging in to your account (online authorisation)

The issue appears to be at the first step. It might be worth trying to register Reason Essentials again a the following page https://www.propellerheads.se/prodRe...r_new_products
The worst it can do is tell you the license key has already been used and at least we then know it's in the system :-)
Old 2013-02-22, 17:02

SUCCES!!!!! ;-)

The problem was that my Reason Essentials + Balance that shipped in the box was v1.0 ;-0
Your answers made me re-check everything and I noticed the sticker on the box for a free upgrade to Essentials 1.5... I did this upgrade and after that my Reason 6.5 upgrade went through as well. I already have the key written to Balance.
I'm happy! I wish you a VERY good weekend and please have a beer in my name tonight ;-)
Cheers!