Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-26, 19:44

OT: Musician's Friend Stupid Deals...

These things are great!

Today's is a Maschine! Wish I had the money to get one today!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/

Last edited by joeyluck; 2013-03-05 at 16:22.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:09

I really don't see what the attraction is.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:13

Holy shitzu! I've been seriously contemplating adding a device like this to my system but didn't want to pay more than $400 and even used, they're going for more than that.

Damn damn damn... today was payday for me too. I may have no choice but to get this... joeyluck, I simultaneously curse and praise you!

EDIT: for some reason I thought this included Massive? Am I just plain mistaken or is that a different edition of the product?

Edit 2: From the NI website: "With the 1.8 MASCHINE update, all MASCHINE users get the legendaryMASSIVE* synthesizer – a sonic monster for basses and leads with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds – worth $199 / 179 € alone. " So does this get the 1.8 update? Anyone know?

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by vanKloot; 2013-02-26 at 20:17.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:20

DOH! This is the original Maschine, not the current Mk2. No wonder it's on sale... OK strike that idea. I want a Mk2 if anything.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-26, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_f View Post
I really don't see what the attraction is.
Everyday, they have a "stupid deal" on something. So far, I've seen a VRM Box for $49 (half off) and other new interfaces as well. Kind of reminds me of the Holiday countdown with Propellerhead—never really sure what deal might happen the next day. It's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
DOH! This is the original Maschine, not the current Mk2. No wonder it's on sale... OK strike that idea. I want a Mk2 if anything.
True. Good eye. However, not really sure what decides what goes on sale. There's been some pretty relevant stuff in the past few days.
Old 2013-02-26, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
I bought the mikro (original) just days before the software upgrade to 1.8 came out and massive comes with that regardless of the model MK1 or MK2. To be honest, if I was you I'd go for it and save yourself some money. You should get software version 1.8 and massive, all though I had to drop NI a quick email to get the massive license number and download, they responded in just under a week and no hassle.
You're not really going to benefit that much more with the MK2 model, it seems to be mainly cosmetic changes like different colour pads and changeable faceplates.
This could also be the perfect solution to your Vst host, maschine will never replace Reason but it offers some things that reason can't. Seriously, go for it - maschine is a beast no matter what and definitely great value for money with all the software included
Old 2013-02-28, 09:17

Hey, VanKloot did you get the maschine?
Old 2013-02-28, 15:19

Thanks for bumping this thread. Now I see the Nord Drum is $200 off today! Anybody use this? Any good?
Old 2013-02-28, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
Hey, VanKloot did you get the maschine?
No I didn't... I'm really crushing (falling in love with, for those not in the states) on the Ableton Push. I'm not entirely thrilled that it *requires* using Live, but those pads... the notion of playing pitched instruments on that thing is very intriguing to me. It's a helluvalot more money obviously but I'm seriously considering jumping on that bandwagon before their March 5 deal expires. Tough decision to drop $1200 though...

Loading SoundCloud…