Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-27, 01:59

Help with Behringer BCF2000

So i found a bargain yesturday...
walked into a local second hand electronics shop and found a behringer BCF2000 for $59 (Australia), i have wanted one of these for years so i turned it on and it powered-up fine so I went ahead and purchased....

Got it home last night plugged it into my pc and fired up reason, it was detected instantly, locked it to the ssl mixer and checked all midi function all good, recorded all automation and then played back and watched it dance.....

"Faders 5 and 8 did not motorize even though these faders sent midi data"

Anybody have one of these devices where a fader doesnt motorize??
Is there anything i should try before i start opening it up and checking soldering / pcb damage??

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Chris
Old 2013-02-27, 14:54

before i read to the end of your post i was about to say you might have a couple of dead motors!

Shudder to think how much a replacement from behringer would be :S

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-28, 00:07

Heres a lil something. If the faders all move when powered on before you start reason , then the motors are fine. I've found that when mine decides to be silly its usually a midi data problem and considering they don't do these products anymore, ill bet it was a known oroblem. Afterall, this device at its time defied the rules of motorized fader prices which were in the 1000s. This originally cost max. £150. Im not complaining and mine still works.

If on the other hand, the faders do not work when you power it on or start reason, the yea....dead motors.

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2013-02-28, 09:47

Check the firmware version. This is the number shown at start up.

As far as I know the latest version is 1.10.
You can download a little program to upload the new firmware from the Behringer website.

Could solved some problem.
And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !
Quote:
Originally Posted by obroadfield View Post
You're a hero Eric...thank you.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:51

Check here for downloads:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/...Downloads.aspx
And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !
Quote:
Originally Posted by obroadfield View Post
You're a hero Eric...thank you.